• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any thoughts on the Navitimer 8 Black Steel from ZF?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I quite dislike the direction the new Breitling models are heading with the change in logo bezel and the long list of others.

In saying that the rep versions look to be well done and more will likely be released as they look to be simple designs easy to rep!

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
I quite dislike the direction the new Breitling models are heading with the change in logo bezel and the long list of others.

In saying that the rep versions look to be well done and more will likely be released as they look to be simple designs easy to rep!
I agree, Breitlings, and in particular Navis, have always had a certain personality and stood out from the crowd as a luxury brand should. The new designs could be any old watch at a glance, don't seem to have any wow factor and I think dilute the Navitimer and Breitling brands. It will be interesting to see how they sell.

Sent from the RWI App

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I have been a Breitling fan for more than 30 years. The Navi 8 is not a watch I would buy at any price. It looks like Breitling is trying to make a "Starter" watch for a first-time buyer. I expect to see them at Wal-Mart soon.

Reactions: vcappp

elgrandeblanco

24/8/13
I love the Navitimer 8 in blacksteel, looked at the gen at a local store a few days ago, in person the vintage-ish lume really looks great with the all black case and dial. Comparing the ZF rep to the gen online it looks good to me except for the typical issue of the sunken date wheel (DW sitting lower than dial due to the movement position or thickness or whatever), but otherwise quite good.

I was actually thinking about picking one up from a TD, but couldn’t decide between the Navitimer 8 and a Pam I fell in love with.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
I love the Navitimer 8 in blacksteel, looked at the gen at a local store a few days ago, in person the vintage-ish lume really looks great with the all black case and dial. Comparing the ZF rep to the gen online it looks good to me except for the typical issue of the sunken date wheel (DW sitting lower than dial due to the movement position or thickness or whatever), but otherwise quite good.

I was actually thinking about picking one up from a TD, but couldn’t decide between the Navitimer 8 and a Pam I fell in love with.

There shouldn't be any issue with sunken DW using a 2824. This is really only a problem with the 7750 movt. The angle of the lighting in the pt pics makes it looks sunken. If you look at pics of the other watches lit at the same angle, all DWs look sunken, but they aren't. I wouldn't let this put you off buying one.

Sent from the RWI App

elgrandeblanco

24/8/13
That’s an interesting point I hadn’t thought of. I am so accustomed to dealing with chronos I didn’t think about the issue being with them specific. Thanks! I guess maybe I need to get one!