• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Searching for “Smaller” Old Navitimer A23322

johannsebastianbach

Horology Curious
24/8/18
Hi there. In this thread: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/breitling-replicas/327878-rep-navitimer-guide

I read:
Originally posted by andyr View Post
Navitimer Classic A23322 (2003 – 2011)

Also shown by the TDs as a Navitimer 01 is the BP version, but this is incorrect, as this is the A23322 Navi classic made from 2003 until 2011 when the 01 replaced it. This is actually a good rep of the A23322 generally and as you can see the datewheel is flush with the dial and the numbers between 1 and 9 are angled at 90 degrees to the others as in the gen. The flaw is that whereas the gen uses the Breitling 23 movement which is based on the 7753 movement and means there is no sunken datewheel, the rep has to use the 7750 and to achieve the flush datewheel does not have the transfer plate and gears, so the 30 minute sub dial at 3 does not work. The big chrono hand and the other subs still work, so it’s a matter of personal choice whether you can live without a working sub at 3. The A23322 is also smaller than the 01 at 41.8mm by 14.6mm and the rep is accurate here as well. These come in black, white and blue dials with Arabic or stick hour markers. The blue colour is not that accurate with the gen blue.

And now searching for the “smaller” navitimer.

johannsebastianbach

Horology Curious
24/8/18
41,6mm size Navitimer but all I can find which look like it (with white datewheel) at e.g. intime or puretime are size 43 or 43,7? My arm is small so the A23322 would fit me better. Where or how can I find the smaller ones? thanks!

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
41,6mm size Navitimer but all I can find which look like it (with white datewheel) at e.g. intime or puretime are size 43 or 43,7? My arm is small so the A23322 would fit me better. Where or how can I find the smaller ones? thanks!
On intime the Navi 01 BP is the A23322. You can see the serial number on the caseback. Ignore the listed dimensions, as with the 01 labeling shown, these are wrong. They've used the 01 dimensions because they don't know the difference between the two models. The actual size is as per gen A23322, so this is the one you need to buy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

johannsebastianbach

Horology Curious
24/8/18
Thanks for the tips and pointing out trustytime for me. I bought a A23322 version from them, but unfortunately the A7750 Movement is absolutely horrible (or horribly serviced! I don‘t know). The watch broke four times already always after a couple of days and every time I had to send it back to china it cost me 60$ (cheapest sending option from wheree I live). Such a great watch but the movement quality was awful. I wonder if people have long time - good - expeirience with these reps, or am I just unlucky? ????

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Thanks for the tips and pointing out trustytime for me. I bought a A23322 version from them, but unfortunately the A7750 Movement is absolutely horrible (or horribly serviced! I don‘t know). The watch broke four times already always after a couple of days and every time I had to send it back to china it cost me 60$ (cheapest sending option from wheree I live). Such a great watch but the movement quality was awful. I wonder if people have long time - good - expeirience with these reps, or am I just unlucky? ????

I think you are unlucky. I have had several and currently have two. Other than them getting a bit noisy when dry, they hold up pretty well. Did you get it back working finally? And in what part of the world do you live?

johannsebastianbach

Horology Curious
24/8/18
I live in Germany and it is an ongoing process since a year. I appreciate that trustytime takes the watch for repair but.. It did not help so far.

The first time I got it the movement broke after one week, after a couple of months of sending and repairing I got it back and after a couple of days the movement broke again. Power reserve failure. Also when you put sunlight on the watch you could see how actually dusty the inside of the watch glass was, which might have caused the issue. Same story for the third try. The hour hand moved, was half an hour off and did not align with the right minutes position +power reserve failiure. The fourth time the movement worked for just a day and then started to click REALLY loud (like so loud you would hear it loud if you would stand in another corner of the room) when the rotor moves, a chrono hand fell off, and even the hand winding was not possible since there were scraping noises when you tried to hand wind. The watch did not get any hits and was worn carefully at all times.

Now from my last shipping to China the watch was stuck in Chinas customs for two months and I saw on tracking a couple of days ago that it moves again, apparently back to sender.

I lost already over 700$ in the process and could not even enjoy it so far. I think I will not send it back again to trustytime since it is expensive and will increase my loss even more and the chance of actually getting it to work does not seem to be good enough. The A23322 Version is in my eyes the best rep (the newer ones have the black date dial sunken which gives it away too obviously) too bad it did not work out.

Last edited:

Energo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/4/18
I live in Germany and it is an ongoing process since a year. I appreciate that trustytime takes the watch for repair but.. It did not help so far.

The first time I got it the movement broke after one week, after a couple of months of sending and repairing I got it back and after a couple of days the movement broke again. Power reserve failure. Also when you put sunlight on the watch you could see how actually dusty the inside of the watch glass was, which might have caused the issue. Same story for the third try. The hour hand moved, was half an hour off and did not align with the right minutes position +power reserve failiure. The fourth time the movement worked for just a day and then started to click REALLY loud (like so loud you would hear it loud if you would stand in another corner of the room) when the rotor moves, a chrono hand fell off, and even the hand winding was not possible since there were scraping noises when you tried to hand wind. The watch did not get any hits and was worn carefully at all times.

Now from my last shipping to China the watch was stuck in Chinas customs for two months and I saw on tracking a couple of days ago that it moves again, apparently back to sender.

I lost already over 700$ in the process and could not even enjoy it so far. I think I will not send it back again to trustytime since it is expensive and will increase my loss even more and the chance of actually getting it to work does not seem to be good enough. The A23322 Version is in my eyes the best rep (the newer ones have the black date dial sunken which gives it away too obviously) too bad it did not work out.

You had to use the Swiss movement ETA7753 + a little witchcraft with a date wheel = a great watch for years to come.

Reactions: OldNavitimer