• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling colt skyracer Rep ?

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
Hi

I’ve searched on the forum and some of the TD does but cannot find any info

does anyone know if the colt skyracer will be made into a replica

I tried one on in a AD the other day it’s really nice but £1600 seems a bit steep for what’s on offer etc

so wondered if this model had been repped ?

cheers

https://www.pixelsbin.com/image/M3DY4

image of watch attached

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Pure speculation from me...from memory it is a one off model with no variations. ie there are not multiple dial colours to pump out. Strap is 21mm and again unique to this model alone and repping it I think is unlikely.

In saying I don’t think it is on any factory radar if it did get repped I would definitely pick one up!

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
Sadly I think you may be right , the gen has a unique strap system which I’m not sure any rep maker would bother to imitate , unless they just went with a standard rubber strap

the AD did say that they have introduced a green rubber strap for watch so maybe in the future dial variants may appear

i love the look of the watch it’s an interesting model but I know it’s been bashed on some other watch forums as looking like a cheap Casio ..I still find it appealing

oh well we live in hope !!

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Tried it on, at an AD and even if quartz only, it is a sexy watch.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
I really like it , do I think it’s worth £1600 not overly but It’s quite tempting to actually pick one up I think it would be an amazing tool watch and everyday wearer

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
It’s a case called Breitlight which I guess is a type of carbon case it feels really light almost feels like plastic

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
It’s a case called Breitlight which I guess is a type of carbon case it feels really light almost feels like plastic

I will see what I can find. To me, it looks like plastic molded using a foaming agent. This is used in applications where the thickness is greater than 4mm.

Here is what I found. It is a high-end carbon fiber filled plastic used in demanding applications. It is called Polyphthalamide (PPA)
PPA is a high heat resistant semi-aromatic polyamide. PPA is a member of the nylon family. With its heat resistant and low moisture absorption properties, PPA is ideal for use in a chemical environment or temperature extreme conditions. Common applications include automotive motor bobbin parts, fuel line connectors, and coolant pumps as well as bushings and bearing pads in aircraft engines.

With all that said it is still plastic. Just a much higher grade than Swatch uses. During my search, I found the resale value plummets after you are a proud owner of a Breitling made of plastic.

Last edited:

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
That’s what puts me off ...I like it a lot and I don’t buy watches to make money on them I think I actually lose money when I sell lol

but all all joking aside £1600 will get you some pretty amazing watches so I’m not ready to commit that sort of cash yet

funnily enough I went back to the AD today to take another look and ended up purchasing a Hamilton Khaki 40mm all black PVD version for £325 about £100 off list so that may satisfy my all black watch for the time being ..Maybe

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
That’s what puts me off ...I like it a lot and I don’t buy watches to make money on them I think I actually lose money when I sell lol

but all all joking aside £1600 will get you some pretty amazing watches so I’m not ready to commit that sort of cash yet

funnily enough I went back to the AD today to take another look and ended up purchasing a Hamilton Khaki 40mm all black PVD version for £325 about £100 off list so that may satisfy my all black watch for the time being ..Maybe
Good decision

Reactions: mark2828

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
This is discontinued for a reason, never understood why this was made anyway. Quartz and printed dial is pretty steep for the price. You can get a used Gen Breitling Steelfish for that price.