• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

breitling transocean day date blue v7F vs Gen Scary close super Rep !

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Take a look at your 'Gen' picture and then compare it with the 'Gen' 'Rep' comparison picture, TRANSOCEAN is different in both cases (look at the difference in spacing between the O and the C)
Now take a look at the 'Gen' 'Rep' comparison pic. The spacing between the O and C is identical in both pictures. If it was a gen surely it would match your picture would it not? assuming of course that your picture is indeed a Gen!

Ah I see what you’re saying now. Wow, you can see that?! I wouldn’t have noticed that unless somebody pointed it out. Although, I ain’t sure it’s a “defect” tho. There are usually many gen variations but interesting point....a rep of a rep on a rep forum. This is getting deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929 and stufuse

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
thank you, did mary comment if the white is as good as the blue? she usually has good insight into those type of things

I didn't bother to ask. You are right though, whenever I ask about something like that she tells it like it is.

I figured if the blue is really good then both the black and white are going to be at least as good. I know that is not always the case, but it is usually easier to nail the black and white than the blue. The other thing is that I've gotten to the point that I just like to order watches and see if I like them. If I don't care for them for one reason or another I will just sell on m2m for a small loss.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I didn't bother to ask. You are right though, whenever I ask about something like that she tells it like it is.

I figured if the blue is really good then both the black and white are going to be at least as good. I know that is not always the case, but it is usually easier to nail the black and white than the blue. The other thing is that I've gotten to the point that I just like to order watches and see if I like them. If I don't care for them for one reason or another I will just sell on m2m for a small loss.
Can you please post you qc pics? Since you approved the watch and it's a new watch thread it is fine to post...

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
My thoughts as well. I'm becoming more and more sceptical of these so called 'Rep Gen comparisons' How do we know the Gen is actually a gen and not just another rep? This particular comparison is suspect IMO. The word 'Transoceaon' is identical on both versions. There is actually a fault in the kerning (spacing) and it's present on both versions. I may be proved wrong but I really cant see the makers replicating a 'fault' to that degree of accuracy

Case back engraving is a big tell.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Can you please post you qc pics? Since you approved the watch and it's a new watch thread it is fine to post...

Some of you are going to say, "you should have asked for better pics" & while it is true that these are not the best pics ever I have given up trying to find the most minute issues. I have come to grips with the fact that these ARE reps and there are going to be slight differences between what we get and the gen. I would only reject a watch that I see a glaring/obvious issue with and since I have been using Mary this doesn't seem to happen much so I just approve and I am usually delighted with what I get.

Once I get the watch I would be happy to take as many pics at what ever angle anyone wants. I have a good set up for watch pics including a canon 100mm 2.8 macro so I can get really good Macro's/Close ups.

With all that said, here are the pics that I approved:

Reactions: vcappp

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

This is funny...
I can never quite understand this either. Sure, if you turn over the watch and take out a loop and get on the internet and search for some gen pics maybe you are going to determine that something isn't quite right, but who exactly is going to do this and do you really care that much?

I have no idea what the tell on the back of this one is, but what ever it is I would be willing to bet that if you took this watch off and handed it to 10,000 people for a 2 minute look over probably not 1 person would be able to identify correctly what is wrong with the case back.

I just looked at some gen pics of the caseback and confirmed that everything is where it is supposed to be and everything is spelled right. Now, I'm not 100 sure if the 2 different sets of numbers are right or not or if every breitling TransOcean Day Date would have the same numbers back there or if some would be different. I'm not saying that it is 100% perfect, because I'm sure that someone with more knowledge than me could correctly call it out, but what I am saying is that it is good enough that it isn't going to bother me.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Some of you are going to say, "you should have asked for better pics" & while it is true that these are not the best pics ever I have given up trying to find the most minute issues. I have come to grips with the fact that these ARE reps and there are going to be slight differences between what we get and the gen. I would only reject a watch that I see a glaring/obvious issue with and since I have been using Mary this doesn't seem to happen much so I just approve and I am usually delighted with what I get.

Once I get the watch I would be happy to take as many pics at what ever angle anyone wants. I have a good set up for watch pics including a canon 100mm 2.8 macro so I can get really good Macro's/Close ups.

The watch looks great man! I gonna order the same one from Mary :)

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England

Thanks for posting and watch looks good, but different to the pics by Repworld which have EDITION LIMITEE on the case and caseback, so I'm wondering if this is from a different maker.

Sent from the RWI App

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16

referring to the previous conversation on this thread where one guy thought that both pics were gens in comparison. The case back engraving is a big tell that one watch is a rep as its drastically different to the other in the pic...

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
This is funny...
I can never quite understand this either. Sure, if you turn over the watch and take out a loop and get on the internet and search for some gen pics maybe you are going to determine that something isn't quite right, but who exactly is going to do this and do you really care that much?

I have no idea what the tell on the back of this one is, but what ever it is I would be willing to bet that if you took this watch off and handed it to 10,000 people for a 2 minute look over probably not 1 person would be able to identify correctly what is wrong with the case back.

I just looked at some gen pics of the caseback and confirmed that everything is where it is supposed to be and everything is spelled right. Now, I'm not 100 sure if the 2 different sets of numbers are right or not or if every breitling TransOcean Day Date would have the same numbers back there or if some would be different. I'm not saying that it is 100% perfect, because I'm sure that someone with more knowledge than me could correctly call it out, but what I am saying is that it is good enough that it isn't going to bother me.

Just quality of engraving is all. I was simply pointing out to the earlier gentleman that the images in the pics are not of two gens...

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Are there two different models?

Looking at gens it looks like only the blue dial is the EDITION LIMITEE

With the white/black same model...

look at the breitling website under the Transocean model. https://www.breitling.com/us-en/watches/transocean/ only the Black and white versions are available as regular models. Blue was a limited edition in blue, therefore the "EDITION LIMITEE" on the case back and the numbered ver on the case side. No numbering on the black and blue as it should be.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Thanks for posting and watch looks good, but different to the pics by Repworld which have EDITION LIMITEE on the case and caseback, so I'm wondering if this is from a different maker.

no shot that it is a different maker. Same maker, basically same watch with a few different engravings and a different dial color

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Are there two different models?

Looking at gens it looks like only the blue dial is the EDITION LIMITEE

With the white/black same model...

Black dial A45310
https://www.chrono24.com.au/breitlin...-id8790215.htm

White/silver dial A45310
https://www.chrono24.com.au/breitlin...-id8668595.htm

Blue dial A453109T
https://www.watchmaxx.com/breitling-...109t-c921-154a

All three look good, blue is hard to nail but from original pics it looks good, keen to hear how it looks in real life!

I’m interested in Black, is this watch available in ADS or old discontinued model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk