• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Navitimer World from a TD, but Chronograph does not work?

Tyler29

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/17
Hey everyone,

today I got my brand-new Breitling Navitimer World blue dial, she looks beautiful, but I cannot push the upper button to start the chronograph, the button below, which is used to stop, can be pushed without any troubles.

Is that normal for a Rep Navitimer World? Or do I have to exchange it?

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
The pusher may be stucked. Surely, it happened during shipping. Otherwise, the TD would not have shipped it.

Try to send it to a local watchmaker, it should not cost much.

Sending it back to the TD will cost you as much only for the shipping fee..

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
^^ What he said. Try to find a rep friendly local watch smith, or failing that, somebody competent on the forum.

It may just be stuck, maybe something has moved during shipping.

What movement is it ?

Tyler29

4/3/17
vicadtripdog thank you both!
The watch was very, very safe packed:) Do you have any good guy, who live in Germany and can fix it?

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
BlutRune is in Hannover. He recently worked on two of my watches and I’m very happy with the level of service he provides.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Tyler29

4/3/17
I got another question, is my first time that I have a watch with a steel bracelet. Now I have shorted it for me and my hands were very dirty after this procedure, a lot of oil and steel-dust came out there, can I wash the bracelet with water and a little bit soap? Do I have to oil it after the wash? sorry for these stupid question, but I always have worn a leather bracelet (and I am thinking about changing the steel to leather)

Tyler29

4/3/17
BlutRune is in Hannover. He recently worked on two of my watches and I’m very happy with the level of service he provides.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

thank you, I will contact him, but first I wait for the answer of my TD ;)

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I got another question, is my first time that I have a watch with a steel bracelet. Now I have shorted it for me and my hands were very dirty after this procedure, a lot of oil and steel-dust came out there, can I wash the bracelet with water and a little bit soap? Do I have to oil it after the wash? sorry for these stupid question, but I always have worn a leather bracelet (and I am thinking about changing the steel to leather)

After the baby oil bath I briefly wash the oil off with a little soap and water, wipe it down the best I can, lay the bracelet flat on a cloth over night, and finally with a soft absorbent cloth wipe it down again. That will get rid of most of the dirt.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Hey everyone,

today I got my brand-new Breitling Navitimer World blue dial, she looks beautiful, but I cannot push the upper button to start the chronograph, the button below, which is used to stop, can be pushed without any troubles.

Is that normal for a Rep Navitimer World? Or do I have to exchange it?

Top button is used to start and stop the chronograph. Bottom button is used to reset the chronograph. Whatever you do don't hit the bottom button unless the chronograph is stopped. If you hit it before the chronograph is stopped you will likely cause irreparable damage to the movement.

Reactions: Tyler29

Tyler29

4/3/17
Top button is used to start and stop the chronograph. Bottom button is used to reset the chronograph. Whatever you do don't hit the bottom button unless the chronograph is stopped. If you hit it before the chronograph is stopped you will likely cause irreparable damage to the movement.

I did it, but the chrono was never running, because I couldnt push the upper button. I hope there is no damage caused by me now...

btw it is an AV 7750 movement