• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Avenger GMT II case size vs gen is wrong?

924er

Known Member
28/12/16
Hello Guys!

I have happily owned the Avenger GMT II by GF for about a year now. I practically know how the watch looks and feels at all angles. Today, I was at the Mall, and I thought I would take a look at the gen (wasn't wearing my rep). Right away I noticed how much larger the overall watch is compared to the rep, as I held it and even wore it. This was something I didn't notice at all on the forums as everyone spoke highly of the rep, and how its almost 1:1 with the gen. Everything else looks good, I mean the rep is amazingly accurate including how the bracelet feels as well as the bezel and dial. Anyone else notice the size difference or is it just me?
Thanks

Dawboo

Horology Curious
22/6/14
I hope that's not true. I just ordered one from my TD. There is a post around here with the Gen and Rep side by side and they look identical. Maybe you were looking at a super avenger?

924er

Known Member
28/12/16
Having trouble finding information about the case size but apparently the rep is 1mm smaller than the gen, but someone else can chime in. That's huge, as entire mm is noticeable enough, and I don't get why people call it a super rep.

This forum isn't the same anymore after the hack, not as much activity.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
It's based on how the case is measured. Include the rider tabs and you get the +1mm. Measure across the bezel and you get it +0mm.

I guarantee the size difference was either from you wearing a larger, different model or just placebo effect from having a gen on the wrist. Seriously, look up some of the gen vs rep comparison pictures and use Photoshop to measure the number of pixels to see if they are the same size.

Reactions: 924er

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
I also tried on the gen and didn't notice any difference, so no need to pull super rep status or discourage others from buying. Its a great rep.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
I also tried on the gen and didn't notice any difference, so no need to pull super rep status or discourage others from buying. Its a great rep.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I agree.

924er

Known Member
28/12/16
Not trying to discourage anyone from buying it. Just noting my experience that's all.

Reactions: andyr

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
Does anyone know a TD with the Avenger II (correct date font) in stock?