• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OM factory] Breitling Superocean Heritage II 42mm

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
They are advertising this as the SOH 2 lol. Looks good though.

Sent from the RWI App

Sorry, I am not fond of Breitling brand/models so I couldn't know that - just made a copy/paste of what was written in the factory advertisement. Maybe you can tell me the name of the model and I can change the title of the thread.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
The model name is correct and the model number is A17321
BREITLING SUPEROCEAN HERITAGE 42 A17321
When I am considering a new Rep Breilting model the first thing i do is go to the Rep's website and find the model number on the case back. Then I can find Gen photos to compare on Breitling's site so I don't make an error by buying a model that doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Sorry, I am not fond of Breitling brand/models so I couldn't know that - just made a copy/paste of what was written in the factory advertisement. Maybe you can tell me the name of the model and I can change the title of the thread.

No apologies needed mate, thanks for posting. This is the older model SOH 42mm with the date in the 3 position.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
What do you guys think of the rubber strap with deployant? I am thinking of getting it for my SOH II

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Looks interesting, date font looks off would have to see a few more numbers.

No pearl as per gen = no chance to mess it up which is a positive.

Sunbust dial on the blue is clearly visible but might be too bright?

Green bezel looks good.

The deployment looks good, engravings look sharp and deep but would need it in hand to see how it compares to gen. Interested to see pricing as there is another on the market for $178 for the clasp alone (new style slide mechanism) another deployment with ocean racer rubber strap for $99 (old style with word punch on the slide mechanism).

Anyone familiar with the quality of any other work by this factory?

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Datefont definitely wrong and agree blue looks too bright, could be lighting but never seen my gen that colour. Other models look good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I am asking my TD about OM Factory. The smaller factories tend to use more than one name. It is common in China to visit a manufacturing factory with different names depending on who is visiting. They match the name to that of the broker selling the project. I have even had my Chinese staff dupped by a fake name until they visited unannounced.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Looks interesting, date font looks off would have to see a few more numbers.

No pearl as per gen = no chance to mess it up which is a positive.

Sunbust dial on the blue is clearly visible but might be too bright?

Green bezel looks good.

The deployment looks good, engravings look sharp and deep but would need it in hand to see how it compares to gen. Interested to see pricing as there is another on the market for $178 for the clasp alone (new style slide mechanism) another deployment with ocean racer rubber strap for $99 (old style with word punch on the slide mechanism).

Anyone familiar with the quality of any other work by this factory?

I asked Ryan about the strap + deployant, he quoted me 80$, seems very fair, going to order it soon

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
Blue dial and blue bezel look way off, way too bright as andyr said

Gen below
180711090651413356.jpg
[/URL]

Sometimes with good reps, I need to go back and find pics of a gen to compare blue tones but with this one, I knew before comparing both that it was wrong

Reactions: johnlogan