• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: Breitling Superocean Heritage II 42mm Ref# AB201012 **

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Thank you to everyone posting their reviews. Hoping to get my one shipped out next week from Lucy. Just noticed that trustytime are selling one with a modded 2824 movement inside, maybe that was in response to the noisy movement? if it is indeed noisy i will attempt to oil it myself. I have a Pelegos arriving with the same movement so might as well buy the oil.

Andrew is known for this sort of thing, it's the same Miyota 9015, just look at where the balance wheel is...

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Son of a....

i got mine from trusty out of habit. Just realized I paid more and it’s supposed to be a 2824 (because your post).

No way is this a 2824. I have the blacksteel gf SO and, while not silent, is much quieter than the soh2.

All the same. Wore it out yesterday for the first time and it’s certainly a nice watch. Just. You know. Loud.

Reactions: freediver

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
wristie still wit plastics
DSCN01389936c8c3de9a6416.jpg

abcar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/15
So, I tried to silent my rotor with Moebius 9010 and got no results at all.
Seriously I never had a watch that loud haha, some may be luckier than me with their watch, or maybe less picky ????.
I finally removed the rotor and made it manual, the SOH II have a closed case back anyway so it does not bother me and it will only take a few seconds each day to wind it, I see this a pleasant new habit !

The deco plate was « locked » onto the real rotor, and since it was my first time opening a watch I was hesitating to pull it (I did not wanted to apply too much strengh). However, everything went welk, will see if my watch still works well during next days.

Sorry for the pics quality, I don’t have any macro lens.

179b57b0c0c26beeab7543f2e57c1f32.heic

d1a6dd51f1ae8ef94bf6dbff3f8771e1.heic

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
You will destroy your movement using it as a pure handwinding item.
It is not constructed for permanent handwinding mode and surely soon will give up. The parts of the handwinding assy are just not strong enough for that purpose.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

abcar

8/10/15
Oh damn, did not know that. So here I go putting back the rotor.

Thanks for the input.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Oh damn, did not know that. So here I go putting back the rotor.

Thanks for the input.

If you spin the rotor when its not on the movement is it still making a noise?

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
Ok a lot has been said about this rep and I am joining the party quite late cause I just received mine

I said I would contribute with a dial comparison video so here it is:

https://vimeo.com/275929845

Pearl not perfect
Dial almost is
AR'd to gen standards
Ceramic bezel is outstanding
Case is perfect
Rubber strap is impressive, feels like gen on the wrist, soft and confortable. Buckle is not perfect, breitling logo does not pop out enough
Markers and hands are amazing too

In 1 word, this is another NWBIG Breitling from GF

Envoyé de mon SM-G925F en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: andyr and wags

isitreal?

Looking Around
21/6/17
Hey guys,

really nice watches! Congratz!

I ordered mine in black and thinking about getting new QC pictures.

The one from my QC pictures runs 11 seconds! too fast with 275.

Because of that noisy rotor, I'm not sure, if I should still take it or let them show another one.

Would you take it? How much faster or slower are your watches? 11 seconds sounds a lot to me.

How noisy is it? Would you hear the rotor while sitting next to someone on a table?

Any replies are welcome!

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Mine is seven seconds ahead in one day. But I usually change watches every couple of days, so not an issue for me. You can only hear the rotor in a quiet environment, doubt that anyone would notice in a normal setting. But as others have stated, this is possibly the loudest movement in my 20+ watches box.

Reactions: freediver

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I noticed it comes with rubber strap only, but where could I buy this mesh bracelet? Is it a good quality?
Thanks

I bought the gen mesh bracelet, it is quite expensive.

I don't believe there is a decent rep version yet!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Can you give me the link ? I want to take a look. I was looking at the Rep mesh bracelets today. Nothing looked great.

After looking locally and online I almost went with chrono24 but at the last minute found a eBay seller at a better price...I'm normally wary of the bay but given they haven't repped this bracelet and the seller no doubt on authenticity. There are a few in the USA I ended up haggling him down $100 so happy with the result.

Now to quietening the rotar a little!

Reactions: drmckenn

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
No decent rep bracelets. Staib are the best alternative if you don't want to spend the money on a gen.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
So after having my black one for a day and selling it. I needed to order the blue version even though It wore slightly smaller then I'm use to. One thing I noticed between the 2 watches is the black ones movement seemed alot louder. I can hear this one but it doesnt seem to be as loud as my first one.

For anyone one on the fence about the blue,I would say order it. You wont be disappointed.

wags

3/11/17
So after having my black one for a day and selling it. I needed to order the blue version even though It wore slightly smaller then I'm use to. One thing I noticed between the 2 watches is the black ones movement seemed alot louder. I can hear this one but it doesnt seem to be as loud as my first one.

For anyone one on the fence about the blue,I would say order it. You wont be disappointed.

Thanks for the feedback, I've ordered my blue one from Ryan, just waiting on the QC pics (it's been a week)

I have my Staib mesh bracelet ready!

I'll post some pics when it arrives.

This thread has been great and has helped me make the decision.

Thank you, everyone.

Cheers,
Wags.