• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superocean quartz or steel fish

racca

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/14
HI,I'm new in Breathing reps' have only some pam reps ,and for a new watch I'm looking between these two watches Any suggestions? [h=1]BREITLING SUPER OCEAN ABYSS SS/YELLOW SPECIAL VK Q.C MOV.. OR 1:1 BREITLING STEELFISH ASIA N SWISS MOVEMENT.SS/SS both them from Kuvarsit (Blue or white dial for steel fish)

http://kuvarsit01.com/1-1-breitling-steelfish-asian-swiss-movement.ss-ss-white.-v2-from-h/[/h] http://kuvarsit01.com/breitling-super-ocean-abyss-ss-red-index..-special-vk-q.c-mov./

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I've had both of these. The Abyss is OK - but it looks like what it is, a $130 watch - plus it's noted as being 'out of stock' this probably means no longer available. The Steelfish is a good watch, close to gen, pretty well made and well worth $200. Check that they will be able to get you one though, as I was under the impression these are no longer made.

Reactions: racca

verno75

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Charm City
Try to stay away from quartz, just my opinion *unless the gen is a quartz movement too

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: racca

racca

25/7/14
ok Thanks i think that perhaps quartz is more accurate end reliable but wich mov in steelfish asian eta?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yes, Asian ETA.

racca

25/7/14
Good end reliable?

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Does anyone know with what movement the high beat 21J can be replaced with?

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
The steelfish comes stock with either the Z2 crappy movement or a swiss 2836. You can easily replace the Z2 with a 2836 and it is a direct drop in.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Lots of negative vibes on the Z2.

I've had a few watches with this movement, all have been reliable, all have kept good time. The only negative things I've noted are a slightly grouchy keyless works, plus the absence of replacement parts, but who the hell services a $40 23j Chinese movement anyway?

Lots of Brolore and Bropinions surrounding the Z2 - much of it perpetrated by that King Of All Fuckwits, SSteel.

As long as it's not sold to you as an Asian ETA clone, then I see no problem with it - you're more likely to sell the watch before you have problems with the movement.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

“Asian Swiss Movement”. Lol

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
The steelfish comes stock with either the Z2 crappy movement or a swiss 2836. You can easily replace the Z2 with a 2836 and it is a direct drop in.

Thank you very much man, I have the crappy high beat so I will just replace it with a 2836-2. ;)

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Lots of negative vibes on the Z2.

I've had a few watches with this movement, all have been reliable, all have kept good time. The only negative things I've noted are a slightly grouchy keyless works, plus the absence of replacement parts, but who the hell services a $40 23j Chinese movement anyway?

Lots of Brolore and Bropinions surrounding the Z2 - much of it perpetrated by that King Of All Fuckwits, SSteel.

As long as it's not sold to you as an Asian ETA clone, then I see no problem with it - you're more likely to sell the watch before you have problems with the movement.

ive had problems with them and i dont like them , the actual biggest problem was getting parts for them when they crap out .....

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
ive had problems with them and i dont like them , the actual biggest problem was getting parts for them when they crap out .....

Luck of the draw I suppose. They aren't high quality movements and with no parts available it's a pain if you snap the stem or something similar. I think they're supposed to be seen as disposable.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Luck of the draw I suppose. They aren't high quality movements and with no parts available it's a pain if you snap the stem or something similar. I think they're supposed to be seen as disposable.

True, but on the plus side they are swappable with a ETA , so thats good

racca

25/7/14
Yes right end what about lume?Super as my Pam reps?