• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Breitling

Mjam77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/12
Hi folks.

Just wondering if anyone else here has a franken?
I got lucky and got a hold of a dude in england who could source gen parts a handful of years ago. Gen hands, rotor, movement, dial and datewheel Love my franken. Anyone else?

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
With the recent GF releases I don't see the value of frankening it. Either keep it as is or go gen if you ask me.

welfare-watch-guy

5/5/18
I really would love a nice Navi, but I really don't want an A7750 though or a 17mm thick case for that matter. I wish someone would clone the Breitling B01 like Noob did with the Daytona movement.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi folks.

Just wondering if anyone else here has a franken?
I got lucky and got a hold of a dude in england who could source gen parts a handful of years ago. Gen hands, rotor, movement, dial and datewheel Love my franken. Anyone else?

I don’t believe a word you say.

Mjam77

27/2/12
Created a imgur thread with some pics.
https://imgur.com/gallery/EVwMeaW

It started with me wanting to change the datewheel, and I got a hold of a guy in england who had a bit more gen parts in stock. He helped to source the dial and I went for the whole package. Tucker I do not see the point of lying about this, and I do not.

Last edited:

Mjam77

27/2/12
hushhush I payed a quarter of the price of what a new gen goes for. I’m happy with the solution I got. The movement was not in new condition, but the hands and dial where in gen original unbroken packages. My initial plan was to put it together by myself, but I was too nervous handling the expensive parts. Ended up finding a local watchsmith, who works independent, and he helped me with the assembly. He had to do minor filingmodifications inside the case.

Mjam77

27/2/12
Searched through my mails. The guy who helped me source the parts is called Smidsy here on rwi and he even put up money for the dial up front for me, as I needed a month to get the money. A supernice thing to do, so all the creds to him!

airking

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
26/5/09
Here's my franken Navi. Gen dial, hands, and eta 7753 movement. Made a franken with whatever parts I could find.

RHMnsfJ.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: JDnTexas and Mjam77

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Nice looking watch, well done. I notice the A23322 dial doesn't meet the tachy ring, what is the case model?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

crackend

Known Member
21/9/16
With the recent GF releases I don't see the value of frankening it. Either keep it as is or go gen if you ask me.

There is a new versión if the navy by GF? Could you source the link of the TD???

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Energo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/4/18
The information is very necessary! ETA7750 is suitable for replacing the A7750 without additional modifications of the arrows and what else?

airking

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
26/5/09
Nice looking watch, well done. I notice the A23322 dial doesn't meet the tachy ring, what is the case model?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You are correct. I will get back to you on the case model number but I believe its not an A23322 case, its bigger for sure. The dial is about .5-1mm too small.

EDIT: The case says AB0120

May I be so rude as to ask you ballpark budget for this beautiful build?

Sent from the RWI App

I think around $900.

Last edited:
Reactions: andyr

verno75

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Charm City
Created a imgur thread with some pics.
https://imgur.com/gallery/EVwMeaW

It started with me wanting to change the datewheel, and I got a hold of a guy in england who had a bit more gen parts in stock. He helped to source the dial and I went for the whole package. Tucker I do not see the point of lying about this, and I do not.

Did the gen datewheel work with the A7750 easily? I have a gen black date wheel that I wanted to put in my Chronomat B01 44 but heard that it might not work...