• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Breitling Navitimer - thoughts?

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
Sorry mate, as per rules, we are NOT going to comment anything.
If you have some doubts about something ask a straight question... (About anything you are dubious)

ulvan

Looking Around
17/5/18
Norway
Ahh, okey. I'm sorry for not reading the rules properly. I'm new to this forum.
The thing I'm worried about is the date-wheel. It looks to me that the number is rotated 90 degrees from Gen, but I am not sure. Do most reps have it this way? Should it be like this?

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
im certainly not a breitling expert, but just by googling images and looking at some td sites it would appear that your right the date is wrong

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Ahh, okey. I'm sorry for not reading the rules properly. I'm new to this forum.
The thing I'm worried about is the date-wheel. It looks to me that the number is rotated 90 degrees from Gen, but I am not sure. Do most reps have it this way? Should it be like this?

That looks completely wrong. Who is the TD? What is the cost? Link to web?

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Besides the comments above, Man. I sure do love that navitimer. Really wish they made an 01 in 46.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Hi
I'm new to rep watches and need hjelp with one I'm looking to buy. Any comment is useful
Watch is absolutely correct. It is the BP rep of the Navi Classic A23322, the Navi before the 01 and wrongly labelled as a Navi 01 by the TDs. This model had the date numbers between 1 and 9 at 90 degrees to the the others. It uses a 7750 movement which has sub dials in the 6, 9 and 12 position and the rep makers use a transfer plate and gears to move the 30 minute sub to the 3 position and still have it working. However, this raises the dial above the datewheel and causes the datewheel to be sunken and an immediate tell. To get the datewheel flush to the dial instead of sunken, BP have not built in the gears and transfer plate that moves the 30 minute sub from its standard position, the trade off is that the sub dial at 3 does not work, but the aesthetics of the watch are much better.
You have a very good Navi rep here, nothing to worry about, accept it and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: chamonix

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Oh man. I was hoping for an andyr break down. Made my day.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
While you may be watching ( sorry op) what are your thoughts on the navi steel bracelet as compared to gen and to other rep ss bracelets? I just got a rep from a TD and I don’t know.... feels jagged and cheap.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
I've always been pretty happy with the ones I've had. Which watch was it on?

ulvan

Looking Around
17/5/18
Norway
Watch is absolutely correct. It is the BP rep of the Navi Classic A23322, the Navi before the 01 and wrongly labelled as a Navi 01 by the TDs. This model had the date numbers between 1 and 9 at 90 degrees to the the others. It uses a 7750 movement which has sub dials in the 6, 9 and 12 position and the rep makers use a transfer plate and gears to move the 30 minute sub to the 3 position and still have it working. However, this raises the dial above the datewheel and causes the datewheel to be sunken and an immediate tell. To get the datewheel flush to the dial instead of sunken, BP have not built in the gears and transfer plate that moves the 30 minute sub from its standard position, the trade off is that the sub dial at 3 does not work, but the aesthetics of the watch are much better.
You have a very good Navi rep here, nothing to worry about, accept it and enjoy.

So only the numbers 1 to 9 is rotated 90 degrees? The others (10-31) is the right way?

The non-functioning 3 o'clock subdial doesn't bother me as long as the seconds dial at 9 o'clock works.

Link: https://www.intime03.co/breitling/24...rap-a7750.html
TD: Lucy from this forum (a delight to work with btw)

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
So only the numbers 1 to 9 is rotated 90 degrees? The others (10-31) is the right way?

The non-functioning 3 o'clock subdial doesn't bother me as long as the seconds dial at 9 o'clock works.

Link: https://www.intime03.co/breitling/24...rap-a7750.html
TD: Lucy from this forum (a delight to work with btw)

That's right and non functioning sub at 3 didn't bother me either as a trade off for a flush DW. Sub at 9 is working. Lucy is my go to TD as well, so just approve it and by the way if you go to the first sticky at the top of the page 'REP NAVITIMER GUIDE' all the info on buying Navi reps is in there.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
https://imgur.com/a/m4uk9ri

Navi World I bought from m2m.
Mali’s I think my crystal is very yellow. Is that common?

Yes its a problem with the BP Navi Worlds in that some crystals have quite a strong yellow tinge. There's a great post on RG by my mate Dave T who shows this and the options he tried to solve it, its in the Breit section, just scroll down a few posts and you'll see it. Not a lot you can do except get a Prof xtal

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17

Thx andyr for summing it up. By the way, is it only the 3 o clock subdial that wont work? or is it all also the 6 o clock subdial that wont work? I was wondering this question for a long time. What about the reliabilty of the bp version of the navi 01? Can it be easy swapped by an Eta7750 incase the A7550 movement is broken?

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Thx andyr for summing it up. By the way, is it only the 3 o clock subdial that wont work? or is it all also the 6 o clock subdial that wont work? I was wondering this question for a long time. What about the reliabilty of the bp version of the navi 01? Can it be easy swapped by an Eta7750 incase the A7550 movement is broken?
Hi Mat, I'm not sure whether the 12 hour sub works or not as I never ran my chrono for an hour to find out, also I would think the ETA would need some modding to fit, think the sub hands might be a different size as well but I'll leave it to an expert to confirm.

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Hi Mat, I'm not sure whether the 12 hour sub works or not as I never ran my chrono for an hour to find out, also I would think the ETA would need some modding to fit, think the sub hands might be a different size as well but I'll leave it to an expert to confirm.

alrright that is what I asumed ^^