• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SOH II from GF is out!!

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Nevermind Toro found me one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
So has anyone tried to do the sharpie mod to these inserts? It’s a pretty dull grey so I wondered if anyone had tried it yet. The gen seems pretty bright.

Reactions: leo6929

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Every TD said the SOH II in both black and blue 42mm are sold out atm :(

Just in from Toro mate, you might give him a try

b9ff02f1f993a01fe2388a995f78a7cd.jpg

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
How did Toro ship? Obviously no issues with customs?

DHL to US in 3 days, no issues. And I asked beforehand because I’d heard otherwise, but he assured me it was fine at the moment.

Reactions: JuriOrlov

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Hey gents does anyone have a GF mesh they want to sell?

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
Hey guys,

While waiting on my black version of the SOH II by GF (ordered with Lucy), I got this message today:

"The watch has been discontinued with the Miyota movement. They are currently remaking it but with the A2824 movement.
We don't know when it will be released, or how much it will cost, but they are in the middle of making it."

Besides that, Lucy mentioned that they are currently out of bezels and producing them so it would take at least another two weeks before the new batch is ready.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Hey guys,

While waiting on my black version of the SOH II by GF (ordered with Lucy), I got this message today:

"The watch has been discontinued with the Miyota movement. They are currently remaking it but with the A2824 movement.
We don't know when it will be released, or how much it will cost, but they are in the middle of making it."

Besides that, Lucy mentioned that they are currently out of bezels and producing them so it would take at least another two weeks before the new batch is ready.

You know how to solve the wait problem. Just order another watch :cool:

Reactions: P@t and leo6929

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Any news about the new batch? When is it going to be released? :)

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
@P@t
@Ferax
Here is the GF update. Keep in mind China timeline is very flexible.
As of August 15[SUP]th[/SUP] they are struggling to make the bezel. Still not finished. This version will have an A2824 movement. No exact date promised. After they solve the bezel problem I should be able to get a date. GF is working to solve the problem because the bezel is the only item they need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferax and csthe

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
tkingjr

Thank you very much for your input. Can't wait till they get it done. Will buy it immediately! If You will have some more infos feel free to share! :)

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
@P@t
@Ferax
Here is the GF update. Keep in mind China timeline is very flexible.
As of August 15[SUP]th[/SUP] they are struggling to make the bezel. Still not finished. This version will have an A2824 movement. No exact date promised. After they solve the bezel problem I should be able to get a date. GF is working to solve the problem because the bezel is the only item they need.

Thanks mate! Got a update also from Lucy this morning. Production of the bezel and changing to the other movement takes more time than expected indeed so we just have to be patient. Already started looking what to order next to kill the waiting... ;)

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Thanks mate! Got a update also from Lucy this morning. Production of the bezel and changing to the other movement takes more time than expected indeed so we just have to be patient. Already started looking what to order next to kill the waiting... ;)

A very good solution to solving the waiting problem. I have used it many times. You forget about the waiting by having a watch in the pipeline all the time.

Reactions: csthe

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
A very good solution to solving the waiting problem. I have used it many times. You forget about the waiting by having a watch in the pipeline all the time.

But then you solve the waiting, with waiting, and waiting...
And before you know it, you need to make one extra watch winder rack on your wall to fit all your watches, sounds familiar!? :giggle:

Have two pending orders at the moment, when one comes in I'll order the next. Trying to keep my wall clear for now! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: tkingjr

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
But then you solve the waiting, with waiting, and waiting...
And before you know it, you need to make one extra watch winder rack on your wall to fit all your watches, sounds familiar!? :giggle:

Have two pending orders at the moment, when one comes in I'll order the next. Trying to keep my wall clear for now! ;)

I am already checking my wood supply to make sure I will not outlive the next batch of watch boxes. I thought the three boxes I built was enough.

Reactions: P@t

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Case is still too thick compared to gen, pearl looks good but no improvement in date font...8 is still off not sure about the rest on a quick look. I want this to be a good release but with the lack of quality from recent releases from GF I’m not sure.

Reactions: csthe

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
The thickness is not a problem for me - actually it's only 1mm. The date font (8) is also not a big flaw for me. I think I will buy it, cause I always wanted to have this watch. I think I will go with the mesh strap and breitling deployment clasp (+ the gen aero rubber strap).