• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SOH II from GF is out!!

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
I am planning to get one in 42mm.

anybody compared the stock bracelets vs. staib one, in terms of feel? Does it worth to change? Btw, I need to get 22mm bracelet if I were to change, can anybody please confirm?
Yes, 22mm at the lug.
The rep bracelet is very comparable to the gen. The Staib is better feeling than even the gen.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I replaced the GF mesh on my 42mm SOH with a Staib 22X20mm and used the ANF Deployant. It looks great but .... Once you install it you can't remove the Deployant. There is no room for the spring bar tool. You can adjust the fit with the slide inside the deployant.

0mpZ8.md.jpg

0mZXD.md.jpg

0mDIh.md.jpg

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I replaced the GF mesh on my 42mm SOH with a Staib 22X20mm and used the ANF Deployant. It looks great but .... Once you install it you can't remove the Deployant. There is no room for the spring bar tool. You can adjust the fit with the slide inside the deployant.

0mpZ8.md.jpg

0mZXD.md.jpg

0mDIh.md.jpg

Could you please share the model or weblink of your Staib? I also installed one from Staib, but yours definitely looks better and closer to gen. Mine is flatter AND thinner. Thanks.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
I've got gen and had Staib and gen is in a different league, as it should be.

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Short question regarding the mesh bracelet quality: I'm thinking of ordering the GF mesh bracelet together with a Transocean Day Date and my TD quoted me ~140€ for it.
Would you guys think it is justified for the quality you receive?
Because I could also get one from Staib for 200€ but the 60€ extra I could spend on a nice custom croc strap.

Thanks!

Edit: should have scrolled up before writing this comment :facepalm: would still be interested in what you guys would buy haha

Last edited:

Tatze

Horology Curious
3/8/14
Germany
So, my watch finally arrived and boy am I in love :biggrin:

The overall quality is amazing. The rubber strap it came with is super comfortable, and if it had one hole more I would even be able to wear it on my 16,5 cm wrist. Well, I had the perfect replacement in the drawer: an oiled leather strap from Maikes. These two are meant for each other.

It was nice and sunny today, so I made some pictures.

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
Tatze amazing watch and amazing rep.
Great combination with that brown strap

drmckenn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/11/15
Very nice. Looks great. I can’t decide between the white dial with black bezel or blue bezel.

The black looks great with the brown strap.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

drmckenn

Supporter
13/11/15
Ha. I had just made up my mind to get white with black bezel - now you have me considering the blue dial. It’s a beauty. How often do you wear each of your 3 SOH 2s ?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
drmckenn That is not a fair question :cool:. I can wear a different watch on Monday -Friday for 3 months and not wear the same watch twice. On the weekend I wear a Breiling bandit as a "beater".
I am suffering from Watch Addiction

drmckenn

Supporter
13/11/15
I decided on the white with black bezel.

Love the watch, but the mesh strap is a bit irritating where it transitions to the linked segments.

I filed down the links a bit to take the sharp edges off - but still have a bit of pinching in one spot.

Wondering if I should just invest in a Staib bracelet.

drmckenn

Supporter
13/11/15
Just received my Staib milanese mesh bracelet (2785-20704APM) to replace the rep mesh.
Even after filing down the rep bracelet, it just doesn't feel comfortable. Largely due to the gaps between the removable segments.
While the rep bracelet LOOKS good, the Staib looks and FEELS good.

Some comparison pics.

Reactions: leo6929 and csthe

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Just received my Staib milanese mesh bracelet (2785-20704APM) to replace the rep mesh.
Even after filing down the rep bracelet, it just doesn't feel comfortable. Largely due to the gaps between the removable segments.
While the rep bracelet LOOKS good, the Staib looks and FEELS good.

Some comparison pics.

Can you fit the rep clasp to the Staib?

Bedum

Known Member
31/7/18
I wonder if you would have had the same issue with a Gen bracelet?!?!

drmckenn

Supporter
13/11/15
Can you fit the rep clasp to the Staib?

Nope. The rep clasp will accept 18mm width. The Staib is 20mm.

tkingjr has used an ANF Deployant (search a ways back in this thread) that has the Brietling logo but once fitted, cannot be removed (no space to get at the spring bars).

Reactions: leo6929 and csthe