• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SOH II from GF is out!!

Silvester

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/18
1HVvf.md.jpg

1qmAA.md.jpg

I have SOH 42 with a mesh inbound due in about 10 days. I too have already bought a Staib mesh and an AN Factory deployment clasp for the watch. I will post photos and comments after I get my hands on it. The mesh looks exactly like the one on my SOH 46mm that was less than stellar. I will try to find out if GF used the same supplier.

How about the mesh on the GF, seems like the links on the sides of the bracelet are cut off. Gen has more whole links.

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Hi guys - I just pushed back some QC pics on a SOH as the pearl and surround seem to be pressed in one side. Anyone else seen this?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
There's no sunburst effect (on my black one) and this is its biggest flaw, the minor one being the mention "chronographe" instead of "chronometer" on the rotor!. It is otherwise an awesome watch, both on the mesh or rubber.

I am not familiar with this model but are we sure that all gens from all years have sunburst?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I am not familiar with this model but are we sure that all gens from all years have sunburst?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm trying to find out. The sunburst is not always obvious on all pics. However, on Breitling's store, it is clearly present.
Again, the quality of the watch and the finishing everywhere make it look like a gen, honestly. So the dial is not so important to me. Even I find the flat colour gives the watch a more modern look.
An other thing I could read in gen reviews, it seems the bezel is semi mat, whereas the rep has clearly a shiny bezel (of real beauty !)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
That's what I'm trying to find out. The sunburst is not always obvious on all pics. However, on Breitling's store, it is clearly present.

Maybe the latest gen release has sunburst but I believe this watch has been around for many years and who knows what different gen dials were released over the years.

I was looking to buy the gen for my dad 5 years ago but ended up buying him an omega instead. Now the rep looks good, I might buy it for him, just to see what he says

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I have been waiting for over a month for blue dial with mesh bracelet. It appears it's rarer than all arf subs and Daytonas combined.

Dealer is now pushing to change the order...

mech500 do you mind checking with your dealer on the blue dial version.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I will have my hands on my watch tomorrow. Had to return my Staib because it was a mix of satin end links and polished mesh. So now I have to wait for the correct Staib to arrive. I want to see if the GF mesh is the same mesh that AN Factory is selling for the SOH 46mm. I will post comments when everything is here.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Thickness is same as gen, and clasp feels pretty solid. The links that can be taken out are not as precisely machined in terms of texture.
Can you please measure the bracelet length without the extra links?

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Thickness is same as gen, and clasp feels pretty solid. The links that can be taken out are not as precisely machined in terms of texture.

looks great your SOH2 , did you receive this recently ? I hear the blue with mesh is currently unavailable . Unless you go the blue on rubber and sourced your own bracelet as mentioned in this topic

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
looks great your SOH2 , did you receive this recently ? I hear the blue with mesh is currently unavailable . Unless you go the blue on rubber and sourced your own bracelet as mentioned in this topic

That's exactly what I did: I have a SOH II blue first batch, and ordered recently the mesh separately

Last edited:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Can you please measure the bracelet length without the extra links?

To give a reference point: my wrist is 6.5 inches and I still have two removable links per side plus all the microadjustements of the clasp

Reactions: csthe

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
QXBCG.md.jpg

QXa6a.md.jpg

QXt9g.md.jpg

My GF SOH arrived. I will start with my comments on the GF mesh bracelet as compared to the AN mesh that came with my SO Chrono 46mm made by AN, The GF deployment is far better quality. The bracelet looks a little better than the AN, You can find pics on the 46mm posting. After learning so much from my fellow Breitling addicts I changed the bracelet to a Staib and an AN Factory two button Deployment. Price wise the comparison is not fair. The total cost of my upgraded bracelet and deployment was $408. The GF bracelet and deployment cost me about $70 figuring the upgrade from rubber to mesh was $50. The next 7 photos are the watch with Staib and AN deployment.
QXqCZ.md.jpg

QXY62.md.jpg

QXF9b.md.jpg

QXlQ8.md.jpg

QXG6D.md.jpg

QXx2h.md.jpg

QXets.md.jpg

Excuse my fingerprints on the bezel. I didn't see them until I posted. I need the evilpenguin to take my photos because I would starve as a photographer...

One other thing I learned the hard way. Installing the AN Factory Deployment on the Staib, GF, or AN bracelet you can't remove it. There is no space to slide to slide in the spring bar tool. I did buy a small .008" thick hand saw to try. I am not optimistic. This deployment was designed for the rubber straps. It looks fabulous on this watch

Last edited:

apollo1965

Known Member
31/1/16
One other thing I learned the hard way. Installing the AN Factory Deployment on the Staib said:
I guess that's why Breitling don't use this type of deployant on their steel bracelets. Hope you get it sorted!