• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Gen Rubber worth it?

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
Next watch will be a Breitling, something from the GF range but I have sub and LMPO on bracelets so will want something with a rubber strap. Are the rep rubbers good or will a gen change the feel? Is there any decent rep deployments that I could use or just use a gen buckle instead?

Thanks

Marcoman

Known Member
23/10/16
Hi, my first rep was a skyland backsteel which came on a rep rubber.....always felt it was a bit stiff and wasn't especially comfortable. Then I tried on a gen with a rubber and the difference was huge so I went an bought a gen rubber. It was so soft and comfortable compared to the rep. Well worth the money and came with a buckle too which I didn't expect so now lives on my avenger GMT.....in saying that, I don't have any of the GF reps on rubber so don't know what the most recent rep rubbers are like.......if they are anything like the rep I have then gen is defo the way to go....they cost about $100 I think.....

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
Yeah just seen they are not the world to buy!!

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
How about the deployments? Anywhere to buy just the rep clasp? If not will stick with a buckle

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Trusty is selling the deployment clasp with a canvas rubber strap for $100. The quality is consistent with GF's watches. It is the same one used on the Breitling Bandit by GF. When I priced the gen deployment is was $600 without the strap.

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
$200 all in for gen rubber and rep deployment sounds well worth it!!

besnik

27/11/16
intime is selling a better for 200 one and has a micro adjusting on bottom of clasp.i would buy that one the one i bought from intime for 75 didnt have that but looks real nice but doesnt have the micto adjusting

Sent from the RWI App

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
intime is selling a better for 200 one and has a micro adjusting on bottom of clasp.i would buy that one the one i bought from intime for 75 didnt have that but looks real nice but doesnt have the micto adjusting

Sent from the RWI App

where you see that buddy you got links?

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
Just seen the deployment on intime!!! What size watches will suit, its 24/22 mm

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Are you sure, the clasp hasn’t got any sizes, then the clasp and strap say it’s 24/20 it seems, so that means the clasp takes 20mm?

I was positive till you nudged me to check again. It is 22/20mm. I measured the one I have in my hands and the numbers on the inside of the rubber strap are 22/20. Breitling may make different sizes of the deployment but I stopped looking after seeing the price. If you visit Trusty's website (Not a TD) under Breitling/under straps/ you will find it. The strap and deployment were made for the Breitling Bandit. If you buy a different rubber strap 24/20mm it will work

24/20mm means the lug width is 24mm and the buckle or deployment is 20mm.

Last edited:

besnik

27/11/16
most Breitling Navitimer and some SuperOcean are 24mm but if you dont need the rubber the clasp is 20mm.almost all rubber takes 20mm on Breitling

Sent from the RWI App

besnik

27/11/16
Lucy said they were in stock. I should have mine by the end of the week is suspect. I am cheating ..I am in China now.
make sure it has the quick release on the bottom of clasp if not its thr cheaper version only worth 80

Sent from the RWI App