• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Abyss 42mm - New version from GMF ?!

__ceco__

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/15
EU
Hello. Today i saw a new release of Breitling Abyss 42 from unknown for me factory - GMF. What you thing about this new version and about this factory, how is the quality, is beter than Noob and the last one versions, and is inside true swiss eta 2824-2 or the rep.factory just put false ETA mark under the ballance? Regards

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=23183

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I would be cautious buying from a non TD, and have not seen it released on any TD sites so not sure if it is actually a new release.

__ceco__

12/1/15
EU
I hope very soon will be available in all TD's sites. But the interesting here is the diffeences from other two versions. In first look the inner besel is corect colour in diference from Noob version, and rotor and movement is engraved like the Noob versions , but in difference from the last one released version with corret dial colour. I think also the DW is with incorrect date font.

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
I have to say it's a pretty one. I didn't had the noob but I can visually say it's quige close and the finish looks great.

One would have to order it and get the feel of it to be sure of a quality on par with the noob version.

Regarding the movement, I'm sure it's just a Asian version, not Swiss.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
GMF looking to recreate a super rep, eagerly await some reviews of this beauty!

maximalek

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/1/15
EU/CZ
Hi guys, i check QC pic on trusty websíte and it looks that crystal is without blue AR. That kills this watches for me.

maximalek

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/1/15
EU/CZ
here you can see it

Attachments

• superocean blue.jpg
    superocean blue.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0

__ceco__

12/1/15
EU
Yes, I see, there is no AR, that is horrible. But what about the screws on the bezel? Are they in the correct place or like in the Noob version is wrong?

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Is GF called GMF now or is it yet again another factory?

c0okie

18/7/15
Besides from the lack of AR this watch looks better than the precious Noob. Numbers on the bezel are way sharper than the noob which were too rounded (dead giveaway) and the lume markers on the inner ring seems smoother now too and not so thick.
If they fix a nice AR XTal I will be all over this.

thehipp04

Patron
31/8/16
I just ordered one today. I’ll post pictures and review when it arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Pinnicca

Horology Curious
31/1/17
I have a genuine and I ended up having to polish off my AR because of a nasty scratch I put on it:( So that aspect of the rep doesn't really bother me. Rep looks pretty good! Hopefully they come out with a bracelet version!

DayWalker

Renowned Member
4/10/14
Date font is way off unfortunately. Also the teeth on the crown look less sharp and rounded. Here are some pics of my Noob on an army strap for comparison. Set to same date and roughly same hand position as OPs link: