• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superocean 44 Special

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
The only flaw you can see, in the side view, is that the lugs are more pointy and the original are more rounded.

Reactions: Katarsis

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
It's a rep, you're never going to get 100% gen feeling when you put it on. I'd recommend you buy it, see if the quality is acceptable in your eyes, and if not just flip it in the classifieds section. Most you lose are your shipping and payment costs. These are nice watches for sure, and will get you 99% of the way for 5% of the costs, but expecting them to feel 100% like gen is unreasonble. You want gen? Buy a gen...

Reactions: Thatwatchguy

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
It's a rep, you're never going to get 100% gen feeling when you put it on. I'd recommend you buy it, see if the quality is acceptable in your eyes, and if not just flip it in the classifieds section. Most you lose are your shipping and payment costs. These are nice watches for sure, and will get you 99% of the way for 5% of the costs, but expecting them to feel 100% like gen is unreasonble. You want gen? Buy a gen...

Misunderstanding me right.

What I mean when I say gen feeling is that it doesn't feel cheap.

I understand that there will be a deference. But I am certain that the difference between a super rep and a gen will be smaller than between a super rep and a rep I would buy on a beach in Thailand.

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
May be hard to grab one of these I'd they are in stock. I have heard the gf factory has got raised by the police. Not good for the breitling guys.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
May be hard to grab one of these I'd they are in stock. I have heard the gf factory has got raised by the police. Not good for the breitling guys.

GF was raided but they are still up and running. I think the raid was a few months ago. There is a thread about it. My recent orders have been timely.

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
Well that's awsome....my dealer stated they were closed as of 3 days ago?

Reactions: tkingjr

TigersFan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/17
If anyone is looking to get rid of their Superocean Special let me know!!

TigersFan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/17
I was told today by Andrew at TrustyTime that GF will re-open toward the end of February. Hopefully they will be making the Superocean 44 Special again.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I'm so close to ordering GF Superocean Special.

I already have too many blue watches but still tempted to buy blue. Question about Black - howz the DLC, will it wear off after sometime?

I have to pick between Blue/Black SS or Black DLC - which is the better pick?

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
Mine is ok, and wear good. The Dlc is hard with normal use