• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superocean 44 Special

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
I feel this watch deserves a gen rubber strap. There are a bunch options for rubber deployant straps. Which one would you choose?

Ocean Racer
cWFGbaa.jpg

Pro 2
SjkQ4ey.jpg

Pro 3
UkRdQih.jpg

Do you guys know the reference number of this strap?
Y8P4DGV.jpg

Last edited:

crackend

Known Member
21/9/16
I want to buy this watch this week, so I have doubt of the bezel insert, i don’t know If this is ceramic or steel. Yesterday I sent an email to Andrew and he said that is ceramic instad of the answer of Ryan that said that is metal. So the people that already has the watch can tell me If this is ceramic or metal??

Regards!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

themannier

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/13
FRANCE
Yes, "ceramic bezel" on Trusty but "fake ceramic " from Puretime...I will receive mine this week and will inspect closely to see if i can feel if it's ceramic or PVD steel :p4gtr:

crackend

Known Member
21/9/16
Yes, "ceramic bezel" on Trusty but "fake ceramic " from Puretime...I will receive mine this week and will inspect closely to see if i can feel if it's ceramic or PVD steel :p4gtr:

Great!! Tell us when your watch arrive.

Regards!

crackend

Known Member
21/9/16

Also can you post the link of the TD that you get your watch??

themannier

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/13
FRANCE
Also can you post the link of the TD that you get your watch??

You can get it from every TD mate ;)

So i finally got mine yesterday and i wanted to share some pics....It's a beautiful piece, even better in real life than on the screen !!!

idLsqTA.jpg

BxNvCb3.jpg

zySF8PE.jpg

chDuGBS.jpg

kE5Nuy3.jpg

iw1xoh5.jpg

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
You can get it from every TD mate ;)

So i finally got mine yesterday and i wanted to share some pics....It's a beautiful piece, even better in real life than on the screen !!!

Thanks for sharing the pics. It looks amazing.

Can you comment on the AR quality? Also, what’s your opinion on the bezel (ceramic)?

themannier

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/13
FRANCE
Thanks for sharing the pics. It looks amazing.

Can you comment on the AR quality? Also, what’s your opinion on the bezel (ceramic)?

It's a beautiful piece indeed, with a great gen feeling !
As you can see on my pics, the AR is very good for a rep standard....It is blue like the gen also.

This bezel/insert is a very strange and intesting part....
To me, the insert is made of PVD steel; on the other hand, i think i couldn't see the difference if it was a ceramic insert; they have made a great work with that !

Reactions: nanoman

crackend

Known Member
21/9/16
You can get it from every TD mate ????

idLsqTA.jpg

BxNvCb3.jpg

zySF8PE.jpg

chDuGBS.jpg

kE5Nuy3.jpg

iw1xoh5.jpg

So I asked to Andrew and he says that is Ceramic. The prices of Andrew and Ryan are different so I think that the difference is for the bezel insert. So I will pull the trigger with Andrew to check, then I will post photos!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
So I asked to Andrew and he says that is Ceramic. The prices of Andrew and Ryan are different so I think that the difference is for the bezel insert. So I will pull the trigger with Andrew to check, then I will post photos!

Not sure if the price difference means anything, Ryan has the new GF SOHII $30 cheaper than Andrew.

Ceramic or coated it's a great looking piece!

Reactions: themannier

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
Not sure if the price difference means anything, Ryan has the new GF SOHII $30 cheaper than Andrew.

Ceramic or coated it's a great looking piece!

Andrew claims to have a special relationship with GF factory, so he may have some inside information.

I placed an order with Andrew 10 days ago, still waiting for QC pics. Went with blue superocean on a bracelet.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Just curious then if this may have happened historically with a factory supplying only one TD a slightly different product than the rest of the market?

Interesting!

I've bought a couple of Andrew and he is great to deal with, he often has GF Breitling a couple of weeks before other TD. But a lot is also just what looks like marketing.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Is there even an insert? On the blacksteel/black bezel it's supposed to be 1 solid piece...

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
On the special it is supposed to be one sold piece as opposed to an insert

themannier

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/13
FRANCE
Morning picture...

zSsKQHX.jpg

And, the beautiful dial !

f5bZBTZ.jpg

oZzEUE0.jpg

jHRFyR7.jpg

SoaxtBI.jpg

One thing i noticed, is that the lugs are more rounded than the gen, they should be more flat !