• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cant find Breitling pro 3 rubber with deployant strap

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Here comes another stupid question.

Is it the same clasp for a steel bracelet and a rubber?

It is far from a stupid question. I have used the same AN deployant on my rubber straps and mesh. I did this to avoid all the side holes on the lesser quality deployant that comes with the mesh bracelets. The one big problem is you can't remove the mesh bracelet once the deployant is installed. There is no space for the spring bar tool. I have another AN deployant inbound. When it arrives I am going to see if I can modify it to make room for the spring bar tool

Reactions: Katarsis

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
It is far from a stupid question. I have used the same AN deployant on my rubber straps and mesh. I did this to avoid all the side holes on the lesser quality deployant that comes with the mesh bracelets. The one big problem is you can't remove the mesh bracelet once the deployant is installed. There is no space for the spring bar tool. I have another AN deployant inbound. When it arrives I am going to see if I can modify it to make room for the spring bar tool

But it's not possible the other way around?

What is stopping me from putting the clasp from the steel braclet on a rubber strap?

Is the rubber to thick?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
There is no problem using the AN Deployant on Mesh or rubber. But if installed on the mesh you can't remove it. If you buy the lesser quality it has 6 spring bar holes on each side to allow for removal and adjustment. I will take some photos for you tomorrow.
Here are the photos I promised. I hope this explains why you can't remove the mesh once you install it. The rubber will bend when you insert the spring bar tool.

Last edited:

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
There is no problem using the AN Deployant on Mesh or rubber. But if installed on the mesh you can't remove it. If you buy the lesser quality it has 6 spring bar holes on each side to allow for removal and adjustment. I will take some photos for you tomorrow.
Here are the photos I promised. I hope this explains why you can't remove the mesh once you install it. The rubber will bend when you insert the spring bar tool.QUOTE]

I understand.

How many mm is it from springbar to springbar on that clasp?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Here are the photos I promised. I hope this explains why you can't remove the mesh once you install it. The rubber will bend when you insert the spring bar tool.QUOTE]

I understand.

How many mm is it from springbar to springbar on that clasp?

20mm. The mesh bracelets are tapered from 24mm to 20mm and 22mm to 20mm depending if you buy the 42mm, 44mm, or 46mm SOH's.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
I already have a Staib but unfortunately it is about 5mm to short.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make it longer.

Here are the dimensions for the AN Deployant in the closed position from spring bar to spring bar.
Longest position 30mm
Shortest position 20mm

On my 42mm SOH the deployant is set for 24mm

My wrist is 165mm . I have bought the 150mm length Staib

Reactions: vcappp