• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Gen Breitlings: major changes

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
Breitling has announced the new models in the Navitimer 8 Collection

As you may know Breitling has a new owner and a new CEO and they have decided to target new customers

Basically they intend to get some attention from those who find current Breitling watches "unwearable" because of them being too big, too gaudy, too bling, too busy etc

They want to make smaller watches and that is fine.

However I cannot find the Breitling identity in these new watches. Getting rid of the famous logo with the wings for the navitimers Series, well, I can't agree

These watches look way too plain, basic and cheap to be Breitlings

The company uses the pretext that they want to go back to more vintage looks but I suspect this is B.S.

Look at these watches. I personnaly would not mind not seeing reps of those

203849e916f1072e12dbbefa66ef0931.jpg
4a3bd118e149b71de261ce38123cc1f1.jpg
58dc2da8d33bb773850ac42c2bba027b.jpg
9eb4a60d8328789727c22283c7411d6e.jpg
bc7de62fb7b7353e37d9e2d6d2066fef.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G925F en utilisant Tapatalk

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
I like my Breitlings but man... they are boorrring. And look very cheap

especially the gold one, its a Sekonda homage!

Breitling are simply out of ideas, no imagination whatsoever in those, no USP, no cool factor. They need to come up with something new, something that will appeal to the masses and the something for younger crowd also. But at the minute nobody is talking about Brietling, when do you see someone posta wristie on insta with a breitling.. have i ever, i dont even know.

These will be a fail, expect these to be picked up for a cheap price on the used market in a few years.

Last edited:

maximalek

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/1/15
EU/CZ
Two weeks ago i decided to buy super avenger 2. I fall in love to them by pics on internet. I had buyer for my superfranken super avenger. So i invite Breitling butique and sit there and they bring me 4 pcs super avenger 2. I take them to my hand and i find they are very cheap looking beside my superfrankens and also they are very light. My SA have gen dial, hand, gen bracelete pro 2 and swiss 7750. The gen pro 3 bracelete have very small links, its very light. If someone ask me, what is rep and what is gen, i will always tell that my SA is gen and gen SA2 is cheap rep from canal street.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
'being too big, too gaudy, too bling, too busy etc'

pretty much sums up why folks like em! If you're going to drop several grand on a watch it should at least have some form of wow factor, whether that is related to sheer beauty, design, bling or just wrist presence, but these don't do it for me. Lots of lower end gens that are similarr or better than these.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: mauricio612

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Hmm, not sure what to make of the new logo...on some models it may work but as a one size fits all just looks mass produced which is disappointing. On the plus looks easy to rep!

Reactions: Tvguyservices

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
They look like something that will be constantly on sale on Ashford and Jomashop. Plain and dull. There are other ways to go vintage.

Reactions: mauricio612

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
The worst part is that the below Navitimer 8 will sell at USD 7,690

180219091415664101.jpg

Of course they will justify this price with the fact that it has the in-house B01 in it, which was usually reserved for Limited Edition Breitlings, Chronomat B01 and some others.

Or maybe the worst part is that they have made the lug width 23mm for this piece. 23mm, just to make sure all the Breitling amateurs who have been buying all sorts of Breitling rubber, leather, Nylon straps will have no choice but to wear this thin IWC look-alike gator strap. No respect for the old Breling fans, huh?

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
Is it me or is there more than a whiff of Breguet Type 21 about this new Navi 8? I have a few gens and agree that Breitling have rested on their laurels too long and have done the Professional range to death, which is why I've not bought anything recently, but that could have something to do with this :cool:.

Apparently the new CEO wants to kill the Prof range off and focus on new models and collaborations with other fashion brands, they mention one with Norton. The end for me was when they appointed David Beckham as a brand ambassador and dropped the traditional Navitimers and Chronomatics.

I'll be interested to see if any of the factories produce a rep of any of these, can't see these being a big seller at over $7000.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
I think they are nice watches in the 200 € Range at the local Supermarket, right next to the iPhone 5 boxes.

The new owner and new CEO want to make everything better. Good luck.

Reactions: rollyb

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well, I cannot find anything in them to justify buying a gen. Very boring and truthfully cheap looking. Breitling equals bling in my mind. Anything else and I look to other brands. As said they will be easy to rep but will I even want a rep of them.

A

Anubiis

The problem is they've been bought out by some investment bankers that know nothing about watches and only care for the end dollar and they're trying to cater to the masses by reproducing horology that is watered down in hope they can sell more. I like the old ones too. Even thought they are too big for my wrist but I can appreciate what they are.

rollyb

Horology Curious
2/10/14
I feel cheated! Im all for change and improvement but these watches have lost all their Breitlingness (if that's a word).

Reactions: vicad