• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AVENGER BANDIT TITANIUM GF VS Gen

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
This is my v2
209d11cb591eb56f28afe67ce25fafc9.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A530F met Tapatalk

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
#180 was indeed ANF version.

The GF V1 was over saturated datewheel print. I cant find the V1 pics anymore on the TD's websites..
Yours still look like the better V2.

If the datewheel doesn't scream 'REEEEEEP', then you have the V2

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Guys, did you know that there are two versions of the gen bandit?

I was at a gen dealership today. (Had to try on the Seawolf, it’s been haunting me lately) But they also had a bandit so I tried that one on as well. Wanted to do a comparison with mine. But I noticed something weird, the numerals and Hans where white! I mentioned it to the sales lady. She never noticed it before. She looked it up in there dealership iPad and yes... it’s available with two dial choices. (Same price). I must be honest, the white was awful IMO. It made the watch look a bit cheap. I have noticed before that there are two version on the Breitling website, M534 and M536. Never saw the difference until now. If you look it up you’ll see the two color differences.

Now what are your thoughts on that?

O, by the way. The bandit is truly a super rep. (I must admit I’ve had two v2’s. The latest one had a better strap and corrected datefond) Every thing was great on the watch except two issues I mentioned before. The pearl on the gen has a more glass look and the AR is nit good enough. Way to blue and shiny. I’m trying to get mine prof ‘s or sonil ‘s treatment.

Reactions: vcappp

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
The white looks cheap and doesn't do it justice.
Looks like they also come with the cheaper 109W tang buckle instead of the original military rubber with deployant...

Nice catch btw.

Greetz!

Sent from the RWI App

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Indeed Bart, they also come with a normal strap. I assume you also got one of those with your bandit as extra strap?

On my first bandit I got a amry green one, on the second it was dark grey.

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
Hi mate, I got an early v2 with only military rubber and deployant.
No need for the other combo's, I got them on my Blackbirds, also gen straps but deployant is for me the way to go.

I totally agree with the Bandit being a great 'super' rep. a keeper for sure.

Greetz!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: TBK

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Congrats! It’s my favorite! I bought an extra one to hide away in case my main Bandit dies or GF gets raided again.

Ha, ha! That’s one way to do it, good call. I got a gen swiss 7750 installed into mine to make sure it doesn’t die, and that it will be wort a service when that day comes. It seems quite a few of us consider the Bandit a keeper. I really love mine, no doubt about that!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I have both rep and gen...the only tell is the nylon outer strap. Everything about the watch is identical assuming you have a GF v2.

Reactions: vcappp and tkingjr

vsigala

3/10/18
Southern California
Glad it wasn’t me. I knew the font looked thicker on the photos. Wasn’t aware of a V2. If I order one today, will I get the V2 with correct font thickness? If they even have stock...

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
Has anyone tried buying grey strap separately ? Mine came with military green but i really want the grey antarctica ones. Gen ones cost around £300 in Uk.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Congrats! It’s my favorite! I bought an extra one to hide away in case my main Bandit dies or GF gets raided again.

I have both rep and gen...the only tell is the nylon outer strap. Everything about the watch is identical assuming you have a GF v2.

You have a gen and then you have 2 reps incase one dies? WOW!!

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
You have a gen and then you have 2 reps incase one dies? WOW!!

I'm down to one rep currently, as the movement is wonky and I waited two months for Strodda to fix it and it came back (twice!) with the same issues. So yea, a backup of your favourite watch is a good ideal. I have the same deal with Rolex GMT II Batman and 116610LN Sub and 116500 Daytona. It's good to have options.

It's also a statement on how AMAZING today's reps are. When I don't think twice about grabbing a rep over the gen right next to it...that's a good feeling.

berry25

Certified
26/2/17
what issues did you have with the movement? mines starting to get 5 min slow and at moment weighing up cost of getting it sorted or trying to get hold of a 7750 movement for swap as this ones a keeper

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
what issues did you have with the movement? mines starting to get 5 min slow and at moment weighing up cost of getting it sorted or trying to get hold of a 7750 movement for swap as this ones a keeper

It was running a bit slow but it would stop working after 45 mins - 2 hrs, even when worn. I would have to unscrew the crown and pop the stem out to the time set position and back again for it to work. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I think it’s a too long or incorrect stem. Sometimes the stem would not engage the threads properly and make a click sound. I’m getting it to my new service guy on Friday and we will see what’s up.

In my opinion it’s worth the investment for a ETA upgrade. The rest of the watch is perfect.

Sent from the RWI App