• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AVENGER BANDIT TITANIUM GF VS Gen

kreeq

Horology Curious
17/10/15
Hi from who you are order it.. I'm looking good trusted dealers..

Etron

28/7/16
CA
If you're doing the gen ETA, I'd step up to the gen canvas. The darker gen grey looks better with the dial, to me.

[​​​​QUOTE=kryckan13;n6803652]After being held by customs for a month my watch finally arrived. The Avenger Bandit is a beautiful timepiece. I have ordered a gen swiss ETA to be installed. This one is a keeper...
551840b9e2256e1ff8237594dead4269.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
After being held by customs for a month my watch finally arrived. The Avenger Bandit is a beautiful timepiece. I have ordered a gen swiss ETA to be installed. This one is a keeper...
551840b9e2256e1ff8237594dead4269.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Can you tell me the specifics of the gen swiss ETA ? I will order one or have Strodda order one and install it in my Bandit. This watch gets a lot of wrist time.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
@Etron

I too have considered a gen canvas strap, but I think I will wait until my rep strap gets worn-out and change to a gen strap then. But I admit I’m tempted to get one right away...

Reactions: Etron

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
@tkingjr

I bought a standard layout (sec@9) ETA Valjoux 7750, 25 jewels, 28800 bph. I got mine off of eBay but you can also get them from cousinsUK or Ofries, or let your modder/watchsmith source one.
e5b8320574e2cb055547391237dae4b9.heic
5759b0e71ade30e067f6372cef32a611.heic

Etron

28/7/16
CA
@Etron
I too have considered a gen canvas strap, but I think I will wait until my rep strap gets worn-out and change to a gen strap then. But I admit I’m tempted to get one right away...

Weird that it seems all my photos for 253S canvas gen/rep strap comparison went missing.
Luckily I could edit my post on page 9.

IMHO though the darker grey of the gen may seem only a little bit darker, it just really fit the watch/dial and the light grey bugged me as washed out.
The quality of the rep is really great so I just with GF would darken the canvas.

Link to my earlier (fixed) post. You guys tell me what you think:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...59#post6673759

IMG_20180405_172026.jpg

couple photos on the watch:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...74#post6673774

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Etron

Yes, the gen canvas is just a tiny bit darker but I can see it makes a big difference. When my Bandit is back from BlutRune with the swiss ETA installed I will consider going for a gen strap too. Do you know if the gen canvas strap can be ordered online from somewhere? The only AD close to where I live is a pain in the ass and would demand to see my watch before selling me a strap.

Reactions: Etron

Etron

28/7/16
CA
Etron

Yes, the gen canvas is just a tiny bit darker but I can see it makes a big difference. When my Bandit is back from BlutRune with the swiss ETA installed I will consider going for a gen strap too. Do you know if the gen canvas strap can be ordered online from somewhere?

Just search for Breitling 253S online. I think I got it at Watchmaxx or similar name

Etron

28/7/16
CA
Picture in the link is NOT the Avenger Bandit strap... stiches don't go all the way on the Bandit strap.

Greetz!

As long as it's 253S. Maybe photo is wrong.

Interesting that Breitling is now showing Bandit on their site with the 153S black canvas so another gen route.

Last edited:

berry25

Certified
26/2/17
just received mine and was wondering has anyone got any tips or guides on best way of resizing the strap. as im not too sure if I need to cut both sides or just one as I have seen the deployment has an adjustment tool built in

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
just received mine and was wondering has anyone got any tips or guides on best way of resizing the strap. as im not too sure if I need to cut both sides or just one as I have seen the deployment has an adjustment tool built in

You'll need to measure wrist size and cut both sides otherwise the deployant won't sit even on the underside of the wrist.

I've cut a number of gen and rep straps to size and just use a very sharp kitchen knife with no drama.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
That depends on your wrist size of course. But it’s best to cut on both sides so that the buckle will stay in the middle. Yes, adjusting the buckle can influence this, so make sure you size it in ‘nutural position’

When you’re ready to cut (I use scissor for this) first cut a small piece of the end for practice. It can be a bit tricky.

To big: no problem, try again. To small: big problem, buy new one.

Watch out that you don’t cut in the opening where the springbars go.