• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AVENGER BANDIT TITANIUM GF VS Gen

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
the strap looks not convincing - I have this rep and:
- the strap seems to be brighter and more green than anthracite (I guess they put both gen straps)
- the Breitling logo on the dial looks much better on my rep than on these photos - they have corrected it

overall - very good rep!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Great looking piece - just curious on the deployment buckle, GF vs gen show exactly the same buckle however the gen buckle does not look like this, I had the rep and have the gen blacksteel and apart from the obvious colour externally it was great but the slide and engravings are completely different.

The gen buckle has the word "push" on the adjustment mechanism, rep does not and is a different mechanism to slide. Also the gen does not have any engravings on the 2 internal fold over parts but the rep does.

Is it me or does the gen comparative pictures actually show the rep deployment buckle?

or have breitling redesigned the deployment clasp?

I think when i was pricing the Gen deployment clasp is was $600 so i ended up buying an extra deployment clasp for another Breitling I have. Over all this watch is really a great Rep.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I think that concentric circles on the chrono subdials of the rep are too pronounced compared to gen. Or am I only imagining things?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
r7zMz0H.jpg

They look the same to me. The Gen photo is by Breitling. Over all it is a very good Rep

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
That's one of the first things I noticed about the rings on the chrono circles. Is it the v1 that has this or the v2 also? I feel that this watch my be the v1 and they have improved the v2?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
That's one of the first things I noticed about the rings on the chrono circles. Is it the v1 that has this or the v2 also? I feel that this watch my be the v1 and they have improved the v2?

I think only first Batch waiting v2 after cny need update for case back and Crown otherwise match Gen 99%

Sent from the RWI App

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
tkingjr : Please look at those macro pics posted by Repworld on the first page, the difference is very obvious.
Repworld : What's wrong with the caseback?
Does anybody know if there's a nice rubber strap that would fit this one? I'm no fan of rep canvas straps, they fall apart very soon..

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
tkingjr : Please look at those macro pics posted by Repworld on the first page, the difference is very obvious.
Does anybody know if there's a nice rubber strap that would fit this one? I'm no fan of rep canvas straps, they fall apart very soon..

The strap is rubber with a canvas top. It is well made. I bought this watch as a “beater” and is holding up well.

Sent from the RWI App

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Thanks, that sounds very reassuring! The strap on my Blackbird started falling apart after the first time I had it on my wrist for 5 minutes..
I can't remember the last time i was so excited about a Breitling, can't wait for the CNY holiday to be over :)

Marcoman

Known Member
23/10/16

I'd recommend actually going for the gen pro 3 diver....I bought it as I found the rep rubber I have is very stiff and not that comfortable. Not sure what the latest rep rubbers are like as mine is from a skyland blacksteel but the gen is nice and soft and comfortable. I paid the equivalent of about €120 from a breitling store but I'm sure it can be picked up a little cheap on the grey market....came with a SS buckle too which was a welcome surprise....have mine on a avenger ii GMT but got it as it suits a number of my breitling including the bandit I also have....

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Marcoman Do you have any pics of this watch on gen rubber? Thanks for your reply!

I still need to try it on my wrist somewhere, I find the Avenger II GMT perfect in size and I'm afraid that this one is a couple of mm too thick.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16

zFbK1eF.jpg

8C7dmBA.jpg

Here are photos of Gen Pro III rubber strap.

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
Here is my V2.
Bezel is tight with solid clicks.

Strap is well made and holding up fine for 2 weeks.

Watch is waterproof since I refuse to take of any watch before swimming

Titanium Colour is spot on with Gen, so is the dial. In natural outside light it's grey/blue.
Inside the house it's grey.
When flashing with the camera it's blue.

Pearl is nicely domed, not flat.

Deployant had sharp edges but It s 100%fixable. I used wet p400 sandpaper to remove the sharpness and is now perfect.
The micro adjuster works but not sure how durable the deployant is. Time will tell. It s light weight for sure.

If I must say something negative, it could use a better AR but it's still OK.

Overall very nice Rep and happy to have it.

Greetz!

Edit: The pictures wont upload from the app

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
We clearly have two versions od rep BUT 3 versions of rep dial. Take a look at Bart Bieber’s dial above, look for size of vertical gap between 1 and 0 in 10 and between 1 and 1 in 11. Here’s my V2:
849db0d358561c72c2a7b9d0bd749d9c.jpg

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
There’s no v2 officially,it’s out before Cny

Sent from my iPad using RWI