• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Skyland V2 / V3 Comparison Photo Side by Side! Also, What's Different?

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Look below and you will see the V2 & V3 Slate dial Breitling Skyland on my wrist..

People who are scared away by the "lume dot" issue.. dont worry and dont hesitate to buy one of these. They are amazing!

Factory #1 produced Skyland V1, but there was a dial problem (Lume dot issue)
Factory #2 produced Skyland V2, there were no problems and they are still sold today.
Factory #1 produced Skyland V3, they fixed the dial problem (Lume dot issue)

As for the Skyland Blacksteel.....,

Factory #1 produced the V1 Blacksteel, the color of the steel is not great, it's too dark and not close to the genuine.
Factory #2 produced the V2 Blacksteel, the color of the steel is much closer to the genuine.

v3skyland007.jpg

Vigil

8/11/08
Re: Breitling Skyland V3 / V2 Comparison Photo Side by Side!

Nice, would be gorgeous with a black rubber strap.

No I have no idea what to buy for my next watch; This, a PAM, UPO or Milgauss....

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06

fixed the picture.. sorry..

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07

Looks great.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06

Well, which do you like better? And which are you going to sell to me?

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06

I like the darker red "Automatic" on the V2, some people say that the V1/3 dial is crisper (the printing) than the V2 but I do not see it.
As you can see in the picture.. the lume dot is pretty much a non issue. They both weigh close to the same... Bracelet is good, clasp seemed a little better on the bracelet of the V1/3 than the V2 but that could simply be the slight variations that we see even in the same series of watches... each one can be slightly different.

The V3 is a steel imo.. I am considering getting the blue dial one just for the hell of it..

The purpose of me doing this is because some people read the forums,, hear of the differences.. They think the issues are BIG issues... and this serves as a perfect example of not sweating the small stuff..

V3 for the price all the way!!

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06

Another thing I just noticed (it may have been noticed before?? ) the numbers engraved on the bezel on the V2 are too skinny when compared to the genuine,, the V1/3 engravings are more true to the gen. I always find it very helpful when comparing the engravings to look at all the 5's on the bezel... this is where it will be more noticeable.

DenisMcG

Horology Curious
6/12/08

The pics look great. I am really looking forward to getting the V3 I ordered from you. Hopefully Canada Customs won't be too slow.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06

daytona4me said:
V3 for the price all the way!!

Pretty much what I figured. I just cant tell the difference between the V1 and V3 anymore. I think I'll be contacting you about a blue dial V3 very soon ;)

stockit

Horology Curious
3/2/08

The pearl on the V3 looks yellowish

suaram

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/07
United States

Hey D4M, is that my Grey V3 on your wrist??? If it is, it's beautiful and you were most welcome in using it in the photo shoot.
It has gotten it's 15 minutes of fame. Ha, Ha, I can't wait to strap that baby on.

If you have not done Business with D4M yet your truly missing out on a very pleasurable buying experience.
P.S. You will also save a few bucks along the way!!

tehflea

Known Member
10/11/08

aww why couldent you have had the v3 like 2 weeks ago when i bought my v2 from you lol

days after i purchase i read fakemaster telling everyone to stay away and now you tell me the v3 is just as good and cheaper... doh! :|

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06

I have received a couple of questions recently about the difference between the V2 and the V3.

Figured I'd bump this thread. Heck,, might make it a sticky as I am sure many want to know.

Side by Side,, does not get any better than this..

Just a quick note.

I recommend the V3 over the V2, The V2 has the same movement in it that the Super Avenger does. I issued a warning about these two watches many months ago (fakemaster as well) talking about how these movements have been failing over and over again. The V3 DOES NOT have the same movement (yes.. it's a 7750) but not the same maker. The V3 is also made by a different maker than the V2 and is simply an upgrade from the V1 where the #3 lume dot was really messed up.

V1 = Maker A (lume dot messed up)
V2 = Maker B (movement issues)
V3 = Maker A (lume dot fixed / better)

Hope this helps.

gazumi

Renowned Member
21/8/08

Thanks for the side by side comparison D4M. Some poeple like the fact that the V2 has longer chrono pushers but to me they look a little too long. The V3 is incredible value + no movement issues. It's a winner in my book.

revyUSA

Horology Curious
12/5/09

daytona4me said:
Look below and you will see the V2 & V3 Slate dial Breitling Skyland on my wrist..

People who are scared away by the "lume dot" issue.. dont worry and dont hesitate to buy one of these. They are amazing!

v3skyland007.jpg

great .. for the v3 ... which movement and from which dealer :?: ??

FrequentFlyer

Looking Around
15/5/09

hi, i have been reading most of the skyland posts and kinda new here. I have some qns regarding the loose screws on the bezel. have these issues been resolved on the newer v1/3 version? as I am really keen in obtaining this piece. Thanks in advance and the watches look great by the way.

revyUSA

Horology Curious
12/5/09

FrequentFlyer said:
hi, i have been reading most of the skyland posts and kinda new here. I have some qns regarding the loose screws on the bezel. have these issues been resolved on the newer v1/3 version? as I am really keen in obtaining this piece. Thanks in advance and the watches look great by the way.

good Q ......... any1 got any insight on this ?

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06

I've sold about 40 of these V3's ,, never had anyone tell me of any screw problems.. so likely things are good.
if you have a concern, you could use loctite on them

revyUSA

Horology Curious
12/5/09

daytona4me said:
I've sold about 40 of these V3's ,, never had anyone tell me of any screw problems.. so likely things are good.
if you have a concern, you could use loctite on them

......which movement do you use ?

:lol:

nevikwen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/09

very nice photos! Now I want one! starting to this that this looks better than a black steel !!!!! :shock:

So Version 3 is the best, does Hont sell V3? anyone bought it from Hont before?