• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Avenger Gmt GF vs Gen

Dorian84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/14
Europe / Slovenia
did anyone compare the white cream dial of the gf gmt 2 with a gen? Is the cream dial close enough to be treated as a super rep?

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
did anyone compare the white cream dial of the gf gmt 2 with a gen? Is the cream dial close enough to be treated as a super rep?
Pretty sure there is a gen owner, possibly @jamsie, who commented earlier in this thread, but you'll need to trawl through it.

Sent from the RWI App

Alangep

2/10/14
A nonsense that I have made while my order arrives.
To see how they combine the straps I already have.
5acda0243e5f954b8cb16f6e8a4914d5.gif
993ad1d85fa93313a032a71bdf19fb81.jpg

Reactions: Therion666

Pombok

12/1/17

I own the cream dial rep, it was commented on by a cream dial owners way way back in this thread if you want to check. Memory serves that it is the correct colour and texture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alangep

2/10/14
just received. the pearl seems better to me than in the QC. Yes it is true that the DW is not the correct one and it is a bit separated from the dial. But overall, it seems like a wonderful job for GF.
c419e7e6d7b0c8662dac11d874170f64.jpg
a3222f6e2cae212e2d3f662cabfc4e4a.jpg

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
just received. the pearl seems better to me than in the QC. Yes it is true that the DW is not the correct one and it is a bit separated from the dial. But overall, it seems like a wonderful job for GF.
Looks good Alan, pearl nicely domed and agree datefont is not an issue. in terms of dw separation from the dial this seems to be a bit hit and miss. Mine is flush as you can see, so it maybe that the dial feet aren't fully located onto the movement. Might be worth checking.
8b4b17bf630270fd4a23adb19e9393b4.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Marcoman

Known Member
23/10/16
Watch looks great....still waiting on mine...tracking says it hasn't been picked up yet by dhl[emoji848]just a comment on the whole, forensic comparisons between gen and rep...I think there's a couple of schools of thought here. First, as a poster says, it's a useful way to point out flaws that can be corrected in future versions to get them even closer and no matter how insignificant the flaw is...however, the other way of looking at it is that if, in general, every single minute flaw is point out, people will notice them in their own watches where they didn't notice before. This may make people unhappy with their watch when previously they didn't notice a flaw....people might end up being obsessed with a flaw that they didn't even notice for themselves...does that make sense?

Me, I'm kinda on the fence with this one...I'm all for forensic comparisons if it gets passed onto a factory and they act on it and it means that I get a closer rep of a watch I intend to get in the future....but on the flip side, I don't want my enjoyment spoiled on a watch I already have by finding out more flaws than I did before I made my choice! Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

• Love
Reactions: Kravava

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Watch looks great....still waiting on mine...tracking says it hasn't been picked up yet by dhl[emoji848]just a comment on the whole, forensic comparisons between gen and rep...I think there's a couple of schools of thought here. First, as a poster says, it's a useful way to point out flaws that can be corrected in future versions to get them even closer and no matter how insignificant the flaw is...however, the other way of looking at it is that if, in general, every single minute flaw is point out, people will notice them in their own watches where they didn't notice before. This may make people unhappy with their watch when previously they didn't notice a flaw....people might end up being obsessed with a flaw that they didn't even notice for themselves...does that make sense?

Me, I'm kinda on the fence with this one...I'm all for forensic comparisons if it gets passed onto a factory and they act on it and it means that I get a closer rep of a watch I intend to get in the future....but on the flip side, I don't want my enjoyment spoiled on a watch I already have by finding out more flaws than I did before I made my choice! Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Its going to be in the nature of the beast that if you have a community this big who are interested in watches and replicas of watches then you're bound to have a huge amount of traffic commenting on how good a rep is, which is of course what happens. Frankens are attempts to make a rep as close to gen as possible and with macro shots and the availability of the web to show pictures of gens to compare with then its only natural that we are where we are. Also we all have different levels of acceptance when it comes to flaws but we are probably much more picky when it comes to reps than gen owners are when buying a gen, many of which also have flaws. Of course with the gen you have nothing to compare it with and most buyers don't care anyway because they know its a gen and are happy to accept it as such. Personally, I think if someone points out a flaw subsequently with a watch, that existed when the buyer bought it, and that upsets them then they only have themselves to blame for not doing their own homework better in the first place. There's so much info on here and as the standard of reps gets better and better, which it appears they are, expect even more scrutiny :ashame:

Reactions: P@t
D

d4m.test

Nice!

Sent from the RWI App

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Does anyone have a picture of what a correct datewheel on a GF rep is supposed to look like? Or even a side by side with an incorrect one?
I need one for my TD, so there's no confusion. Thanks in advance for your help!

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Does anyone have a picture of what a correct datewheel on a GF rep is supposed to look like? Or even a side by side with an incorrect one?
I need one for my TD, so there's no confusion. Thanks in advance for your help!

go back to post 480 and look at the shape of the 2 on the white dial which is wrong for gmt 2 and then look at the shape of the 2 in post 483 which is correct.

Sent from the RWI App

SuperOcean95

Horology Curious
10/1/17
Can someone tell me where i can find the Avenger GMT with the correct date wheel?
Is there any chance to get it with a steel bracelet oder should you pick up the other one?

Swerepguy

12/2/18
Can someone tell me where i can find the Avenger GMT with the correct date wheel?
Is there any chance to get it with a steel bracelet oder should you pick up the other one?

Some one said that lucy could source avenger gmt with right dw, dont know if its on the blue or black, bracelet or rubber. If lucy can do it I think all the TD's can to.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England

Yes Lucy sent me an email saying she can get the GMT with the correct wheel again and asked me to pass it on, so contact her at Truetime168 as she knows the difference between the two versions. Also get it on the bracelet as its cheaper that way than trying to buy the bracelet later.

Reactions: SuperOcean95

SuperOcean95

Horology Curious
10/1/17
Hey guys ,
i got some QC Pictures. Sadly there are some problems with the Watch . Some dirt under the Watch.
i have to wait longer :/
I read the rules and saw that it isnt allowed to post QC's and ask if there are flaws.
But i have some problems with this two different datewheels.
Could i post them to get help?

SuperOcean95

Horology Curious
10/1/17
When you want to adress a specific issue, you can. So... We love to see the pictures. Cheers

Sent from the RWI App

Thank you very much. I dont have the permission to upload pictures directly here in the Forum , so i used an imagehoster.

I do not really know if the date wheel is correct. The dial engraving is a little finer on the original,i think? The engraving on the bezel is sharper with the original? I think the strap looks good. The engravings on the bottom lid look good too. Could be a top watch or would you notice any flaws I might not see? Im still a total beginner but try my best.
But the Rep Dealers really seem to do good work and i really enjoy to learn more here in the Forum.
Edit : I think the Datewheel is wrong :/ Seems like there is a big difference.
IMG_0875.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg
IMG_0872.jpg
IMG_0871.jpg
IMG_0870.jpg
IMG_0869.jpg
IMG_0877.jpg

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Thank you very much. I dont have the permission to upload pictures directly here in the Forum , so i used an imagehoster.

I do not really know if the date wheel is correct. The dial engraving is a little finer on the original,i think? The engraving on the bezel is sharper with the original? I think the strap looks good. The engravings on the bottom lid look good too. Could be a top watch or would you notice any flaws I might not see? Im still a total beginner but try my best.
But the Rep Dealers really seem to do good work and i really enjoy to learn more here in the Forum.
Edit : I think the Datewheel is wrong :/ Seems like there is a big difference.
IMG_0875.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg
IMG_0872.jpg
IMG_0871.jpg
IMG_0870.jpg
IMG_0869.jpg
IMG_0877.jpg
Hard to see date font as the pics are a little blurry, and it's only an issue if you have ordered one font and it is different to what you have ordered.

Date font difference would just bug me but some don't mind it, remember your reviewing pictures the you constantly zoom in on whilst on the wrist it may not be noticeable.

It it comes down to what you can live with...there will always be some flaws! Enjoy the piece.