• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new Breitling B01 Navitimer (JF Factory)

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
The Breitling B01 Navitimer (JF Factory).

I am blown away by the quality of this watch ! I was in two minds whether to go with BP Factory or this JF one - all the TD's I talked to prior to purchasing recommended the JF version, and I can see why now.

The dial is a lovely deep black and the AR coating on the crystal is fantastic - no blue hue at all.

The bezel slide rule has a nice tension to it. The datewheel........Yes it's sunken as you'd expect because this is the trade off on the 7750's with working chronos. But to be honest due to the white font on black date wheel it's not as obvious as it might be on the older black on white one.

I ordered mine on the bracelet, because the straps are easily available as an add on whereas it's more hit and miss with buying the bracelet separately (in terms of trying to find correct fitment etc). I needed to remove a few links to fit my 7inch wrist; I didn't realise that each of the seven links are removed individually rather than as one piece. Was a bit tricky removing and re-joining them. Bracelet needed to be slightly oiled by me and is now buttery smooth.

Overall a great replica in my opinion. I'm going to put it on a black calf/croc strap soon to get that classic aviator look, but for now just going to enjoy the bracelet.

Enjoy the pictures !

See also my feedback of purchasing experience of this watch here:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...0

bcgXA9c.jpg

uWbk9oL.jpg

Q5v7WxD.jpg

yXHUS0w.jpg

Pf7nBhC.jpg

zniLFd0.jpg

oypb79a.jpg

b8XM9dw.jpg

bgJR2Df.jpg

Reactions: JDnTexas

Vinvin7

Known Member
11/2/13
Nice watch. It seems to me to have a blue hue. Fortunately the sunken date is not so obvious being black

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
Thanks all for the kind words.

@andyr your reviews and advice pre purchasing were invaluable. I did listen to you regarding the sunken date but for me it wasn't a big issue. And yes the red chronograph hand just brings it right up to date for me.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
Congrats man.

The sunken date is a tell only for people who know about those reps and who would look at you watch very closely, which almost never happens in real life

I have one and also the old style navi from BP and I love both

Envoyé de mon K4000 en utilisant Tapatalk

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Hey dude do you mind linking the watch ? I've been hunting around but can only seem to find the one with the faux 3 o clock subdial which this doesn't appear to be ..

Sent from my iPhone 7 with Gen Tapatalk

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
Hey dude do you mind linking the watch ? I've been hunting around but can only seem to find the one with the faux 3 o clock subdial which this doesn't appear to be ..

Sure I will PM you as where I bought it is not a TD on this forum.

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
Sweet thanks dude.

I just can't seem to find a JF model on any of the sites

They don't always quote them. But you can ask. And I know Lucy at Truetime also has JF version.

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
They don't always quote them. But you can ask. And I know Lucy at Truetime also has JF version.

Yeah should be no problem getting one. Just a matter of having a reference for what to send my dealer.

Thanks dude.

How are you liking it so far ? Looks really nice.

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
Yeah. It's my first Navitimer and everything I was hoping for. I made sure to get the 42mm because of my 7inch wrist. It has a nice weight to it. Had this and my DD40 on earlier together and that is very light in comparison.

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
Can you comment on the thickness of the case? Some dealers show it at 14 and others show it as 16.

Hi sorry for delay in replying. Been busy all day. Mine is 16 mm measured from centre of case back to dome of crystal. Here you go:

04b40d17bb7716c148dac91cdccbc20f.jpg

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Hi sorry for delay in replying. Been busy all day. Mine is 16 mm measured from centre of case back to dome of crystal. Here you go:

04b40d17bb7716c148dac91cdccbc20f.jpg

No worries mate.

Thanks for the reply. Just curious since a few different dealer pages have different info.