• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of the Noob Superocean II 44mm

TimeDweller27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/18
Just received mine today from Ryan. So happy with it. Looking to upgrade the strap to the rubber with “breitling” on it and a deployant clasp though.

__ceco__

12/1/15
EU
What do you think about compresion Nf vs GF? Noob is on left side, GF right! In my eyes NF has better AR, better rubber on the bezel, better triangle on the bezel, better click of the bezel, better date font, better red colour of the hand for the seconds, beter and deeper engraving of the case back and between the lugs, better brushed case finish. But the GF version has better and taller numbers on bezel, and the dial black colour is more dark than the NF(I dont know which colour is correct, because i dont see the gen).

At all i think that Noob is beter than GF and if NF will replicated the same Breitling models, which at the moment are replicated from GF, the NF versions will be better and more gen like than the GF's. The last 3 photos is compresion with my first replica watch - the epic Abyss Chrono from Noob.

Gadman56

Horology Curious
6/2/19
Which td still has this available? Does anyone know if noob makes it in SS? Or only GF? Did anyone review the SS version?

Reactions: rumli

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Which td still has this available? Does anyone know if noob makes it in SS? Or only GF? Did anyone review the SS version?

Any TD should have if, but it is Chinese New Year so you may have some delays. GF was busted by the police so no watches from them currently. SS as in stainless steel? The watch is a super rep so just buy it if you want the model.

Reactions: tkingjr

Gadman56

Horology Curious
6/2/19
Just picked one up from noob. Beautiful watch! Only thing i would note is the dial isnt as black as the gen. And just checking as it's probably normal, anyone notice the movement being quite noisy when its anywhere near your face or ear?

drmckenn

Supporter
13/11/15
Anyone with the blue dial compared the bezel with a gen yet? I love the blue - but if the bezel is off color I’ll get the black dial.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
The bezel is darker than the gen, depending on the light. It's definitely navy blue.

Here's two shots of the same watch:

36462DCE-353E-4F81-88FE-0DF7339158EB_zpse2ebga2q.jpeg

7124E241-EEC5-4EB5-B5F7-D28180B28FAD_zps4gxsdyiw.jpeg

Even in the last Chronolog catalog the gen bezel is different colours. But the Noob rep is definitely darker.

__ceco__

12/1/15
EU
The bezel is darker than the gen, depending on the light. It's definitely navy blue.

Even in the last Chronolog catalog the gen bezel is different colours. But the Noob rep is definitely darker.

In this video the blue colour is the same blue like Noob version. What you think about this, may be two gen versions with two diferent blue colours or the watch on the video is a rep?

https://youtu.be/A9Plwe50W4I

drmckenn

Supporter
13/11/15
Thanks for the pics. Very nice looking watch.

I assume the rep in the video link below is the GF (posted in May 2018).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQbumwvCahs

and it also show the bezel darker than the gen.
I actually like the rep bezel color better!

But I'll go with the black dial.

Reactions: vcappp

CaptTango1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/1/20
United States

I am looking for this watch, could you point me in the direction of where I can buy it? Puretime doesn't have any, not sure who else is a good TD for breitling. Thank in advance.

CptPlanet

24/4/19
I am looking for this watch, could you point me in the direction of where I can buy it? Puretime doesn't have any, not sure who else is a good TD for breitling. Thank in advance.

I got mine from chazingtime. They are a td here.

Last edited:

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
They don't have the Noob anymore either ... the GF versions are still out there though

Your other option is to place your order and wait till the next lot comes in. If they are not going to make anymore they won't take the order. The longest I have waited is 4 months. Every watch I have waited for I have received.