• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of the Noob Superocean II 44mm

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Nice Review, thanks made helped a lot. Is the Seawolf h Fac ? Review in that would be sick...

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Just sent the payment for mine, pretty hyped for the QC pics!

Thinking of changing the rubber strap to a dark brown croc strap, anyone tried something similar color wise?

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Guys I have a quick question regarding the QCs I've received today, on the front everything is fine (slight dial misalignment but thats common and not a problem)
but on the back it seems like theres a gap between the caseback and the case. I've asked for another QC and it looks the same but I'm unsure whether or not it is just a shadow being cast. (On the left side of the "Chronometre" text). If this is a gap/the sealing is this normal for this batch?
Could also be the caseback not being screwed in properly.
Thanks in advance!

2XQqa.md.jpg
2XIvg.md.jpg

Edit: I've asked for a direct shot of that "edge" with direct light on it so that there are no shadows. Hopefully its just the light looking weird because the watch itself is lovely.

Last edited:

Nirado

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/18
Balkans
The caseback goes slightly over so if you have not received it yet don't worry, I'm 99% sure that there is no gap, especially if they sent you pressure tests and it passed.

slashFAslash

21/7/18
The caseback goes slightly over so if you have not received it yet don't worry, I'm 99% sure that there is no gap, especially if they sent you pressure tests and it passed.
Thanks, yeah they checked it for me and told me it is just reflections with the angle

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Got the watch yesterday and the "issues" with the caseback were a non issue luckily!
Looks really nice and for the price a steal (currently on sale at 200-230 at most TDs)

Edit: Also does anyone know where I can get a second rep pin buckle? Want to get a custom made Ziczac leatherstrap for it and don't want to shell out the money for the rep butterfly clasp
5deeb4b05cf179829dc02428ae8a41c6.jpg

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
@ roughly $200 this is without a doubt one of the best bang for the buck reps available at this time. I paid a lot more a yr ago and don't regret it a bit. I still have it and It is one of my favorite reps.

slashFAslash

21/7/18
@ roughly $200 this is without a doubt one of the best bang for the buck reps available at this time. I paid a lot more a yr ago and don't regret it a bit. I still have it and It is one of my favorite reps.

Fully agree, just feels-wise the watch feels really solid and has that "heft" that you'd expect from a gen watch

Fullmetalalchemist

Looking Around
21/8/18
Just placed an order for one of these at $243 shipped to the UK last night. At that price it seemed like a good piece to start my collection with. As much as I would have had the gen, upsizing the house and a new baby means gens will have to wait for a bit (the odd rep here and there won't hurt mind you).
It will look nice alongside the Swatch automatic my SO has got me for desk-diving duty.

As a newbie, are there any significant QC issues with these batch to batch, or anything to look out for in particular? I saw its on the Super Rep/NWBIG list so I am guessing that there should be no glaring issues from manufacture/assembly?

TimeDweller27

6/11/18
Any luck with finding an extra strap with deployant clasp? My two TDs said they can not source one.

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
Pictures from the noob on sale I just received

This is a fantastic watch guys don't wait to buy!!
b3cee69b186ec39a39f68831f46bb1f9.jpg
23efb57da3a23264023261923115ed14.jpg
b302cc4ea295b445fe74b17cd8543c36.jpg
cf3ffbcaa066cc75990fc72015332751.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

TimeDweller27

6/11/18
While doing research, I haven’t noticed many documented QC issues. I should be getting my QC photos very soon. Are there any potential problem areas that I should focus on during QC for this particular model?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
While doing research, I haven’t noticed many documented QC issues. I should be getting my QC photos very soon. Are there any potential problem areas that I should focus on during QC for this particular model?

QC seems excellent from noob and this release looks no different.

C5000

29/6/12
I got mine this week from Ryan, and I agree with the fans here, it is solid and has a gen like feel to it. I think the rubber could be softer, but I generally don't like rubber straps and will probably replace it with a leather strap.

Reactions: vicad

__ceco__

12/1/15
EU
I have blue dial from N-factory and i think that the NF version is many times better than the GF. Price/quality this watch is the best option in the Breitling rep word.

Reactions: vcappp and vicad

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Got my blue crocodile strap for the watch, looks really nice with the blue coating on the crystal!

Reactions: vcappp