• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

lots of flecks of dust Ort factory dirt

wobby82

6/10/16
Hi guys in the end it developed a very loose bezel and it went back to the factory and it should be back on my wrist in the next 4 weeks. will report back here

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
tkingjr Because you are my new spiritual leader ( congratulations) I took this post as an omen to dust my new-to-me white navi world/Pictures below. To sum up the experience from a noob's point of view.

It was pretty straight forward
Glad I had the esslinger “large” kit with great screwdrivers and other accessories.
Had to use a pressure ball to open the case, but it worked flawlessly. (not in the kit -- amazon for $5)
At the end, the chrono pushers fell out when I flipped the thing over. Had I had known they were the pushers, I wouldn’t have two extra parts left over when I was done.
Lessons learned:
  • The chrono pushers can fall out
  • The brackets have a right and wrong way to go back in
  • The rep crystal absolutely has a yellow tinge
  • Mobius works well for silencing the rotor, although its not perfect.
  • The 7750 has a lot of parts that shouldn’t be touched.

JRLc0.md.jpg

It really is very pretty on the inside too. Too bad it's not a display back.

JRjh6.md.jpg
JRXaF.md.jpg

Above: What is this thing? It's not a screw. Hmm, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

JR4Pr.md.jpg

Above: Yellow tinge in crystal

JRrWI.md.jpg

Above: clean as a whistle, but that are these things? and why is the movement a bit loose?
Answer they are the pushers for the chrono and the movement is loose because the brackets were upside down.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
tkingjr Because you are my new spiritual leader ( congratulations) I get it was an omen to dr dust my new to me white navi world following the necro post. Pictures below. To sum up the experiance for a noob.

It was pretty straight forward
Glad I had the esslinger “large” kit with great screw drivers and other accessories.
Had to use a pressure ball to open the case, but it worked flawlessly.
At the end, the chrono pushers fell out when I flipped the thing over. Had I had known they were the pushers, I wouldn’t have two extra parts left over when I was done.
Lessons learned:
  • The chrono pushers can fall out
  • the brackets have a right and wrong way to go back in
  • The rep crystal absolutely has a yellow tinge
  • Mobius works well for silencing the rotor, although its not perfect.
  • The 7750 has a lot of parts that shouldn’t be touched.

I am impressed. I have only dared to regulate the +/- seconds per day. If my two Navi's on order arrive dirty I will give the cleaning a try. I have the tools just not the nerve to take it apart. All my experience is reading on RWI and buying many Breitling watches. I will take a look at the kit you bought from Esslinger to see what I am missing. I use them for most of my watch tools.

Last month there was a thread on the yellow crystal and the available options. If you search and don't find it try the same search on Google. I have found RWI links faster on Google.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Thanks. It really wasn't that scary after reading that article. De-crown, 3 screws, flip, clean and do it in reverse.

Maybe a bunch of us navi owners can buy out a run of Prof's navi crystals to make it worth his time.
What do you think, what would it take? rnrprof

Last edited:

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Thanks. It really wasn't that scary after reading that article. De-crown, 3 screws, flip, clean and do it in reverse.

Maybe a bunch of us navi owners can buy out a run of Prof's navi crystals to make it worth his time.
What do you think, what would it take? rnrprof

Prof does a great job. I think his system is built around installing crystals on watches sent to him one at a time. I have bought 3 from him. I sent him the watches. I think the cost was $200-$250. It depends if he already had made the particular crystal before. I describe Prof's crystal as the"no Crystal Crystal". I have also bought new watches on M2M from Prof with the new crystal installed. He uses the new watch to measure the crystal size then sells it on M2M. It is a good deal.
Here are pics before and after installing Prof Crystal. The first 3 pics are my QC pics. The next 3 on the green background are Prof 's crystal.

JkhTR.md.jpg

JkPS3.md.jpg

Jk968.md.jpg

JeNdp.md.jpg

Jeowf.md.jpg

Je9rQ.md.jpg

Last edited:

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
My impression from reading his entry in his forum is that the ar gets applied in batches in order to keep costs reasonable. I’d imagine that the entire supply chain is likewise related. Another impression from that post you linked was that there is some randomness in how well the crystal will fit. Not knowing the details, I wonder if a batch of,oh, 20-40 navi crystals would make things easier, better, cheaper.

Those are some nice crystals. I should send my soh2 and Bulova to get done

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
My impression from reading his entry in his forum is that the ar gets applied in batches in order to keep costs reasonable. I’d imagine that the entire supply chain is likewise related. Another impression from that post you linked was that there is some randomness in how well the crystal will fit. Not knowing the details, I wonder if a batch of,oh, 20-40 navi crystals would make things easier, better, cheaper.

Those are some nice crystals. I should send my soh2 and Bulova to get done

My good buddy DaveT, produced the thread I think you are referring too over on RG and the options he has tried https://www.repgeek.com/breitling/2...al-bezel-removal-bad-yellow-tint-factory.html

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Alright fellas, next weekends project: replace 2 navimer crystals with prof’s.

The crystal looks absolutely amazing. Wish this noob luck.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Alright fellas, next weekends project: replace 2 navimer crystals with prof’s.

The crystal looks absolutely amazing. Wish this noob luck.

Have you got a crystal press? If not suggest you get one, it makes this a lot easier especially if you aren't experienced.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
andyr I do, it was part of the esslinger kit. That said, it doesn’t seem that the entirety of the massive nativitmer will fit in the jaws so I’m a bit confused.

I bought a jaragar navitimer rep from eBay to practice removal and replacement a few times before using it on the real ones.

That will be part of the story.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
andyr I do, it was part of the esslinger kit. That said, it doesn’t seem that the entirety of the massive nativitmer will fit in the jaws so I’m a bit confused.

I bought a jaragar navitimer rep from eBay to practice removal and replacement a few times before using it on the real ones.

That will be part of the story.

Yes, I know what you mean, this happened to me and I had to be a bit creative due to the size of the Navi. Show a pic of your press and the Navi, if you want some help. Also, if you've got a cheap watch to practice on then the crystal will be much more likely to shatter.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Well, it’s important to learn from your mistakes. As well as the mistakes of others on the internet.

My crystal press didn’t come with a die big enough for the navitimer, so I went to the jewelry repair spot at the mall. The guy was super nice and let me use his tools.

The crystal popped right off. He noted that the gasket shouldn’t have come off the way that it did. I positioned the crystal, watch and gasket into the press and

the beautiful prof crystal shattered. The gasket scratched the bezel on the way down.
I guess I pushed to hard or something.

I need to reevaluate some life decisions.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Well, it’s important to learn from your mistakes. As well as the mistakes of others on the internet.

My crystal press didn’t come with a die big enough for the navitimer, so I went to the jewelry repair spot at the mall. The guy was super nice and let me use his tools.

The crystal popped right off. He noted that the gasket shouldn’t have come off the way that it did. I positioned the crystal, watch and gasket into the press and

the beautiful prof crystal shattered. The gasket scratched the bezel on the way down.
I guess I pushed to hard or something.

I need to reevaluate some life decisions.
Ouch, just replied to your pm before seeing this. Takes some doing to shatter a sapphire xtal like that. Don't suppose you have pics of how you set the press up do you?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
andyr .. I came back home and payed with pushing existing (not shattered ) crystal into place. Safe to say I pushed way to hard. Although I question if I need the press to reinstall the crystal at all.

To to get the crystal out I used a small flat price in the top and a 45/46 round on the bottom and mounted crystal down. This worked easily as it was supposed to.

I did the opposite for remounting it. Unfortunately, I think I was waiting for some indication to stop pushing. The indication never came so I kept going until I, well, couldn’t keep going. A few more practice runs and I think I could have done it. Or, doing it by hand. Or I probably shouldn’t have done it in the middle of a mall at the jewelry bodega as my just found mentor was explaining to customers how the $35 blingy ear rings are in fact not real diamonds.

Lots of errors that day.