• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review / Rep vs Gen: 2014 Breitling Navitimer World

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
Hi all. Though this day would never come, but I was mistaken! So, let's start.

Quoting from breitling's website:

Ever ready for takeoff, the Navitimer World travel watch features an extremely practical and easily readable dual time*zone system. A red-tipped additional central hand displays the time in another part of the globe on a 24-hour scale – thus indicating whether it is day or night in the relevant location. The selfwinding chronograph movement is protected by a large case available in steel. The caseback is engraved with the timezones of the world’s major cities.

This watch has an amazing wrist presence. It's classy and at the same time modern, with fantastic lines and gorgeous dial. I've chosen the cream white dial because it's simply stunning. Never owned previous generation of navitimer world (only had a classic navi), but all of them suffered from quite awful flaws like sunken DW, misaligned ruler, incorrect date font, misspellings on the back and other small nuances.

Not so long ago a new version of Navitimer01 hit the rep market, I bought it and was very pleased with every detail, well, except for the sunken DW.

There were rumors about new Navitimer World since the beginning of 2013 (somewhere deep on RG). Year and a half later Andrew and Josh launch their exclusive project (for now) aka updated Navitimer World. Once I saw the "press release", I had to order one. It arrived today and it's simply stunning. Not only they have corrected the sunken DW (well 99%), the ruler is aligned, the DW font is correct, the dial is unbelievably well made, case-back has correct engravings, the bracelet is also "fixed" (end links on the clasp are not "once piece" as was before.. now it has 3 cylindrical spacers). AR on this piece is top notch, I mean the color and intensity are pretty much gen like. The only possible complaints are the bezel stiffness / unevenness during rotation and finish of the clasp (only inside).

Enough talk, let see some eye-candy. Tried to do my best, so please don't judge hard: (Rep always on the left, gen on the right.)

SEi970l.jpg
fMInFNH.jpg
yf0zZu0.jpg
f5F9RIV.jpg
LsVzqvW.jpg
arwZEuC.jpg
MdIfTLX.jpg
c5t0Avc.jpg

trdesign

Known Member
11/3/11
Thanks for the pics. Any other colors available? This is 46mm right? What is the thickness and can you wear it with a dress shirt?

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
It's 46mm yes but doesn't wear *that* big. Thickness wise, it's 15.50mm so slightly more than normal navitimer. Usable with a dress shirt I'd say.

javi35sev

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/13
I like it!! Which is the factory? Jf, BP... Is it from PT, Intime, Toro...?

dalamire

Horology Curious
13/3/15
The rep is only 15.50 mm thick, or is that the thickness of the gen? I've read that the rep is is thicker than the gen and most dealers list the rep at 17mm thick (which is just too big for my wrist). If the rep is only 15.50 thick then I'm sold.

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/12
I have this exact same watch... It wears great with all of my standard dress shirts.. No issues with snagged sleeves... Looks great with just about everything.

I have mine on a SS as well, just like the pics... However.. I feel like this watch is just SO much classier on leather.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Totally agree with Dr. putting this on a blue croc really makes the dial pop and it also looks good on black leather

jdc2jzgte

Horology Curious
4/8/14
It looks like the clasp is the biggest difference. How much would it cost for a Gen?

shuelat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/16
Hi all. Though this day would never come, but I was mistaken! So, let's start.

Quoting from breitling's website:

This watch has an amazing wrist presence. It's classy and at the same time modern, with fantastic lines and gorgeous dial. I've chosen the cream white dial because it's simply stunning. Never owned previous generation of navitimer world (only had a classic navi), but all of them suffered from quite awful flaws like sunken DW, misaligned ruler, incorrect date font, misspellings on the back and other small nuances.

Not so long ago a new version of Navitimer01 hit the rep market, I bought it and was very pleased with every detail, well, except for the sunken DW.

There were rumors about new Navitimer World since the beginning of 2013 (somewhere deep on RG). Year and a half later Andrew and Josh launch their exclusive project (for now) aka updated Navitimer World. Once I saw the "press release", I had to order one. It arrived today and it's simply stunning. Not only they have corrected the sunken DW (well 99%), the ruler is aligned, the DW font is correct, the dial is unbelievably well made, case-back has correct engravings, the bracelet is also "fixed" (end links on the clasp are not "once piece" as was before.. now it has 3 cylindrical spacers). AR on this piece is top notch, I mean the color and intensity are pretty much gen like. The only possible complaints are the bezel stiffness / unevenness during rotation and finish of the clasp (only inside).

Enough talk, let see some eye-candy. Tried to do my best, so please don't judge hard: (Rep always on the left, gen on the right.)

SEi970l.jpg
fMInFNH.jpg
yf0zZu0.jpg
f5F9RIV.jpg
LsVzqvW.jpg
arwZEuC.jpg
MdIfTLX.jpg
c5t0Avc.jpg

The white colour looks a little different, or is this just the because of different lighting with photos ?

TX_Joe

Horology Curious
5/11/15
Just got my NaviWorld, its my second rep, and im sending it back.
Its a beautiful watch and I liked it a lot for the first day. I was worried about the a7750 but it seemed to work fine.
The second day I noticed there were plastic shavings sitting on the dial, i think its from the bezel rotation.
The third day I noticed it was completely fogged up after washing my hands and had little droplet inside.
Ryan at intime was apologetic and instructed me on his return procedure. Cant wait to try again.

tjo7150

Horology Curious
10/2/16
I'm sure Ryan will take care of you TX_Joe. He sent me this a couple weeks ago and it hasn't had any of those problems you mentioned.
ec0a093cba1dc7473eac00e137b52699.jpg
let us know how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX_Joe

Horology Curious
5/11/15
Yeah, hopefully it wont take so long to get it back. It really looks great. 50 bucks to ship it back though :(

tjo7150

Horology Curious
10/2/16
Ahh that sucks man. All good things come to those who wait. Or some shit like that. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk