• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GEN BLUE SOH v LATEST BLUE REP COMPARISON

D

d4m.test

I think I have just discovered that I am not the only person who loves the SOH blue dial / mesh strap combo. Sad to hear that the latest versions arent good reps. Would love for this to be a good rep... but the actual watch itself is £3.7k so I am somewhat tempted to buy gen.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
My info is that GF are struggling to get the ceramic bezel right on the SOH2 and won't release it until they are happy with it, which is a good thing but frustrating for those of us waiting to see it

D

d4m.test

It’s been a while since an update on the Superocean Heritage 46 and I know many members, including myself are a fan of this watch. There have been a number of versions V1, V2 and V1.5/3. The V2 is the best of the versions and now legendary amongst aficianados of the marque and commands a premium price when they come up, which is not very regular. TDs have told me it was a Noob production but hasn’t been made for several years now.
First off thanks to Krpster, By Tor, Seadweller, Breitest for their excellent reviews which I read and consumed avidly when I fell in lust with this watch and if you want to know more about the versions just go to the Stickys above and read them for yourself, well worth it. I hope the following will help other members as they have helped me.

I have always liked the blue dial on mesh and tried for over a year to see if I could score a V2, but these seem to be rarer than the black dials, so in the end I thought what the hell and about a year ago purchased the latest SOH 46 blue offering from Lucy at Truetime to see how the fit and feel was. All the TDs can get these but be aware that some are still showing pics of previous models that are some years old. The review I’m about to do is this model v my Gen as I’m not aware this comparison has been made and most reviews have been about the black dial models. Pics taken on my smart phone so combo of this and my lack of photography skills explain some of the less than perfect images.
First a couple of facts, the Gen costs £3,200/$5,000 and the rep on rep mesh cost £166/$260. I got mine on ebay, brand new with electronic AD 2 year global warranty for roughly half the full retail price with full box and papers. PM me for source if interested.

First impressions of the Gen are that it looks absolutely bang on, everything fits correctly and is perfectly lined up, there are no little niggles and the finish gives it a sparkle the rep can’t match. The other thing that hits is the blue colour which the rep factories find so hard to replicate and this is more pronounced in the flesh than my photos do justice.
In the following picture the Gen is on the left.

Starting the comparison from the outside one can see the following
The Bezel
- Bezel edge on the Gen is far more pronounced, rounded and deeper than the rep and in operation the gen has a very robust and positive movement, once it clicks in place it is fixed with no play, the rep movement is far less positive and there is still some play in position.
- The original bezel insert on the rep is pretty bad and marks like anything, so I asked Lucy to source me a spare. The one she sent, which is on the rep now is much better and I think probably comes from the Chrono. It fits in place nicely too without adjustment. Colour is off but not too bad and markers go further to the edge of the bezel, marker at 12 slightly different but overall this is pretty good.

The Dial
- Lume markers on the rep are applied within small white retaining circles and this method is never totally accurate as one can see. Gens are perfect. Lume on the gen lasts well all night, rep fades.
- Markers are pretty good on the rep, slightly shorter but rounded like the Gen. Twelve O clock markers lets it down being too close together, Gen has a noticeable gap between them.
- Printing on the Gen is much whiter and really stands out, a great crystal helps this
- Font is off on rep but not massively so
- Breitling B on the rep is pretty good and you’d need them side by side to tell
- Big tell is p and A don’t line up in superocean and AUTOMATIC, which means they’ve used a V1 dial
- Date window is smaller and poorly cut compared to the Gen and Datefont is wrong
- No swiss made on rep but this isn’t always on the Gens
- Hands are pretty good, second hand on rep is marginally thicker but that’s being picky
- As mentioned gen has great AR, reps isn't great, one sided at best
- The real difference on the dial is the way the Gen goes from dark blue to an almost aquamrine, or steel blue depending on the light, something the rep can't match, as you can see in the following

Gen above

Caseback engraving on the Gen, which is on the right is more substantial and deeper, the outer engraving font is larger too but the rep isn't bad, serial number not so good

The case of the Gen on the right is slimmer than the rep and the overall finish of this and the lugs is as one would expect better. Lugs on Gen are thinner. Gen crystal has pretty much disappeared and is much flatter, rep is slightly rounder. Note also shape of crown which is much thinner on the Gen

Gen on right has normal Breitling serial number stamped between the lugs, rep doesn't. Original V1 and V2 had this

Onto the bracelets, the original mesh i bought with the rep is OK at best but has little adjustment in the 24mm version and if your wrist is under 7.5 inches forget it unless you like your watches doing 360 round your wrist. Its also not a patch on the Staib I bought to replace it. These are good value at a little over $100 and in the picture below you can see it compared against the Ocean Classic for thickness. Staib is on top and about 3.5 mm and Classic is 5mm

As I said the Staib is a very good bracelet but the Ocean Classic, below, is another notch up, as it should be. It catches more light and you can see why, whereas the links on the Staib are flattened off the Classic's are rounded and reflect the light across its whole length

In conclusion it's an unfair comparison. There is nothing like a gen and whilst some reps come pretty damn close the latest SOH rep isn't one of the best, but it's still a great looking watch and carries through the theme of the SOH and the blue on mesh is a great combo. I'll leave with you some pics of the Gen which shows how versatile it is and how its character changes in different light, something which keeps it endlessly interesting.

Fixed.

timewalker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/14
Has there been any improvements on this rep? All the beauty of the gen is lost in this awful, awful rep. The colour, the dial markers not parallel and in different places, the date omg, i could live with some of these things but all combined make for a very crappy rep. Thanks for the review, i was about to pull the trigger on one but occurred to me to check this.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Has there been any improvements on this rep? All the beauty of the gen is lost in this awful, awful rep. The colour, the dial markers not parallel and in different places, the date omg, i could live with some of these things but all combined make for a very crappy rep. Thanks for the review, i was about to pull the trigger on one but occurred to me to check this.

Thanks and reminds me I need to try and sort the rest of the photos in the post. The short answer is No improvements. A factory has produced a version of the SOH2 recently but that is also off. We are waiting for GF to come out with their SOH2 version but no indication of when that will be. Patience is the game on this one

Reactions: timewalker

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Xanatus is correct. If you want a 42mm SOH GF is what you should buy. If out of stock just place your order and wait. If you are looking for a 46mm SOH OMF is your better choice. The largest watch GF makes is the SOH Special at 44mm. I have all of these watches.

Reactions: Xanatus

Hotshot

Horology Curious
22/10/17
Hello friends,

Sorry for my English but I'm french... ????

I would like a superOcean heritage 42mm in blue.
I saw it on the site puretimewatch but I see that you recommend buying from GF.

Can you tell me who is GF? Do you have a link?

Thank you all and have a good day.

Bedum

Known Member
31/7/18
Hello friends,

Sorry for my English but I'm french... ????

I would like a superOcean heritage 42mm in blue.
I saw it on the site puretimewatch but I see that you recommend buying from GF.

Can you tell me who is GF? Do you have a link?

Thank you all and have a good day.

GF is not a seller, it's a factory where replica watches are built/assembled. Same as OM, NOOB, ARF, ZF, etc.. they are all factories.

Puretime sells many SOH coming from various factories, including GF. I assume the following is what you are looking for? https://puretimewatch.io/superocean...e-bezel-on-blue-rubber-strap-miyota-9015.html

Hotshot

Horology Curious
22/10/17
Thank you very much Bedum, this is exactly what I'm looking for!

I think I take it on Puretime because they offer the bracelet with the folding clasp if I understood correctly.

But I was also advised Intime.

What do you think?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
GF is the factory that makes the watch. You buy via the TD. Factories don't sell directly to buyers. Keep in mind you are buying counterfeit watches. It is not like buying from Amazon.

Here are some other links to make you feel comfortable. Take your time, read and use the search feature. When you first join it is a bit overwhelming. You will be fine in a few weeks. The first two links will help you understand the process of buying a Rep watch. You will need patience. If you do your homework RWI members will be more than happy to give you some direction.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...y-v1-1-updated

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...s-answered-why

Puretime’s domain is https://puretimeWatch.io/

Don’t use Google to find our Trusted Dealer websites. You will get scammed by a fake site.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ed-rep-dealers

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/34902-forum-terms-abbreviations

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/233990-guide-how-to-purchase-your-first-rep

Puretime’s domain https://puretimewatch.io/

Intime's domain: https://www.intime04.co/

Don’t look for Trusted Dealer websites via Google. Only go to TD’s here on RWI.

Here is the link for Super Reps
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...er-reps-nwbigs

Link to “Which Factory Is The Best On Making Replica Watches ?”
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...s-are-the-best

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxxfire

Hotshot

Horology Curious
22/10/17
Super, thank you again for taking the time to answer me, it's very nice.

I will read all this carefully and I will come back to you if I have any other questions.

Reactions: tkingjr

Hotshot

Horology Curious
22/10/17
That's it !
I ordered a superocean heritage from GF at Intime, apparently GF is operational again.
I pay bitcoin and they will send the payment address in a week because he had problems with flooding in the office.