• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Breitling are you wearing today?

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
....guys, it ain’t blue...
it works on the smaller 41.8 dial and with the Arabic numerals, but not too sure about the gree... I mean blue dial world..
Yep, know what you mean. Some batches seem to be worst than others. Mine is not as prominent it seems, but I have seen some that would give a Hulk Sub a run for its money :p. incidentally, I had my dial out to clean some manufacturing detris of the inside of the crystal, and noticed it did not have the green hue once it was in the open. Looking through the crystal though, the AR had a pronounced greenish blue tint to it. Perhaps that exacerbates things a bit....

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
The croc strap really does it for me and turns it into something totally different for some reason.
Andrew (trustytime) literallly got me this in 9 days start to finish!!
Yes, that is a compelling package! The black is the "must get" colour on that BP for sure. How are the markings on the bezel lining up with the scale on the watch face?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
CaptainSplash The black dial is done better than my blue(and the ONLY thing done better with the exception of the resistance of the rotating bezel) but both are really well done! The black is literally mark for mark..
the blue has a couple numbers off a smidge

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
0CKBS.jpg

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Looking through the crystal though, the AR had a pronounced greenish blue tint to it. Perhaps that exacerbates things a bit....

I thought the same thing with both my BP World and my BP Navi A23322 sticks - both "teal" dials. So I did a Prof 2XAR colourless crystal on both....didn't change anything.

0kKHn.jpg

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
I have to say that the past couple of days, on the ss bracelet, I only see blue.
On the black strap, I pretty much only see green!
Yes, I understand these pics slightly contradict what I just said and I believe this is the beauty of this particular piece...
I may have received a compliment here or there on my navi reps, but have already received three with this strange colored piece!
I know it’s VERY far from gen, but I think it has a permanent place in my collection!!

Reactions: leo6929

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I feel like I’m just continually chasing this blue right here!!
why can’t this be what my eyes always see when I look at my BP’s??

I feel your pain. This is my other blue A23322...as teal as they come.

0kKHn.jpg

And my blue Navi World was so bad, even after a Prof xtal, I had a custom teal lizard strap made to celebrate:

b5SMK.jpg

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
I feel your pain. This is my other blue A23322...as teal as they come.

0kKHn.jpg

And my blue Navi World was so bad, even after a Prof xtal, I had a custom teal lizard strap made to celebrate:

b5SMK.jpg

Really love that strap!!!

man... is it the light on the other blue a23322 or what? Man they look like two totally different dials...

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
man... is it the light on the other blue a23322 or what? Man they look like two totally different dials...

They are very different dials. Different batches for sure. Hands are slightly different.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
They are very different dials. Different batches for sure. Hands are slightly different.

...I’ll be! Damn..
I can’t believe mine hasn’t sold yet...
literally had 3 people say, Yes, I’ll buy it... And all 3 backed out

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20

You know I was wondering how trustytime video got the dial to look so blue. There are no shots in the video that give away the Greeniness of the dial. I could see the cover up in the qc photos though. But I wonder if the video is from a different batch?

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
I put it up for sale and packed it up!
I couldn’t even make it a week before unpacking it and wearing it.
I just love the size, shape and how it looks/feels on my wrist.
It is still for sale though!!!!

Reactions: rufus7

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
I cannot seem to capture in pictures how I see this dial most of the time... So, I used the filters/setting to try and capture how I see it and I think this is a pretty fair representation of the color I see (Only slightly darker) at some angles..