• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Breitling are you wearing today?

BravoDelta

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
5/8/19
The Land
ZGZfQ3.jpg

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
First gen Breitling!
Biggest differences between gen and BOTH JF chronomat and GF chronomat:
1) Sub dial spacing - JF and GF are equivalent.
2) Date wheel - JF better.
3) Bezel Font - GF better, JF clicks better font is still great on JF.
4) Sub dial hands - Raised slightly higher on genuine. JF and GF are equivalent.
5) Case back - engraving on gen is much better and besides the date wheel and subdial spacing, this is the biggest tell.. JF has wrong caseback. .’. GF better.
6) satisfying pusher feel/sound - JF hands down “feels/sounds more like gen B01 when pushing, starting/stopping/resetting and snapping back of chronograph..

All in all, it’s a tough call, but, for me, the JF is for sure the better rep... maybe I just got a bogus GF who knows...
Was the gen worth it, relative to the money?? I’ll keep those thoughts to myself...

Nice catch mate!

if you can... A side by side comparison would be great (new thread)

Reactions: Slanglican

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Zup48X.jpg

ZupXBf.jpg

Zup3Uy.jpg

Trying the new folding tang clasp, much more comfortable than the tang!

Reactions: P@t

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Can you show a pic with it unfolded so we can see how it works?

ZuvgTh.jpg

ZuviB0.jpg

ZuvSUD.jpg

It screws into one side then adjust the tang side to size and just fold, with push button release.

I much prefer it to the other version (non tang) where the strap slides on the underside but the ss piece digs into you wrist!

Reactions: Slanglican

DrHack

10/8/20
SoCal
Yeah that's cool, I really like it! I have a BOB strap for my Big Pilot that is similar, but it has a pin that goes into the strap hole instead of a tang like this. Thanks for sharing :)