• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Grey Skyland Avenger V2 remake review

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I ordered graphite dial Skyland Avenger, from Joshua /Perfect Clones, the H-factory remake of their V2 from 2008, I suppose. Some things were corrected, like superlume. There are several excellent reviews of Noob and H-factory versions of this watch so I found it matured rep project and decided to make that little departure from my usual Panerai gusto. I allowed myself to put all pros and cons in one table:

v1v2v3.jpg

More details:

- I got the watch on Pro-2 SS bracelet with additional croco print walnut strap with rep Breitling buckle
- the AR is very nice - it is very easy to hold the watch in such a way where sapphire totally "disappears".
- it is my first rep with A7750 where chrono minute totalizer advances exactly at the right moment!
- I love matte grey dial! I don't think black one is right for this watch - too much contrast and it hurts eyes, I suppose…
- the softly embossed hour digits (gen and Noob have it sharp embossed) - are not a problem, You need to inspect it closely to spot this flaw.

Bracelet:
- quite well executed with some weak points - it's easy to call it "rep" for these awful bolts for bracelet length regulation
- bolts are biggest tell, there are not "almost-flat", they are different to each other - heads shapes are all over the place. Only ONE bolt is correct to the gen, as you will see that on the video.
- when you adjust clasp elements a bit, it starts to close with a nice, powerful click :)
- correct markings with production date set to year 2007
- need additional polishing (few minutes with CapeCod polish will do) since edges had some glue(?) residues

Leather strap:
- nice quality, probably one of the best rep straps
- nice printed croco pattern
- all correct markings apart from the stamp "Cuir Veritable" where "Croco Veritable" would be correct, since the strap has croco pattern.

It is a matter of personal taste, but I would suggest to buy this watch with a nice rep strap instead of a bracelet which is awful light reflecting thing, way beyond my taste :/ Even in gen.
The bracelet "eats" the watch while nice strap works particularly well. No mentioning metal parts scratch everything (i.e. caseback) and get scratches and swirls from everything, too.

Ordering this watch with a strap has an additional benefit of avoiding scratches between lugs - inevitable thing during the process of bracelet installation, especially in rep-factory ;)
Short advice - skip the bracelet ;)

Some photos:
av01.jpg

av02.jpg

av03.jpg

Photos from QC procedure:
av05.jpg

av04.jpg

Overall, I am VERY impressed by this watch. Visited local AD, the gens are not more impressive than this, really. Skipping the bracelet, of course ;)
Lume is OK, since it is Luminova but You cannot expect too much with these small points and tiny hands. It is not Panerai's "demolish them with lume" thing, not at all.

Little HD showcase:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8K3TYDGDGo"]Avenger - YouTube[/ame]

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I love the speadsheet and the music. Great review.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Nice review, I always liked that watch. Swapping to gen eta 7750 is a 15 min job.
Glad it comes now with super lume.
Can you post a lume shot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
wow! thats an awesome review, thanks so much.
would anyone spare me their v3 caseback ?;P

basst22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/09
Please help me with direct link to this watch (or the full name with i can find it on page.) I see lot of avengers and dont know the correct type

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
Please help me with direct link to this watch (or the full name with i can find it on page.) I see lot of avengers and dont know the correct type

Goto TD section click hont, emal him saying you want a v4 and wait for a reply. V4s are not on honts website but he does have stock