• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any comments on KOR 38mm Navitimer, anyone?

BigBangDreamer07

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/22
I am giving a serious thought to purchase 38mm Black Navitimer from KOR.
I've looked up all related threads, and it seems some problems associated is that the rep has less sun burst effect and inferior printing. I dunno. Any expects out there?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Welcome to RWI, Check to see if any other factory makes 38mm Navitimer. I like the larger Navis so I never look at this one. BP makes the best Navis. The 46mm World is the best of the best If GF or BP make the 38mm skip KOR. But sometimes your only choice is a 3rd tier factory. Compare the photos of a BP 46mm with the quality of the KOR 36. Here is the link to the BP World 46mm.
https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_143&products_id=1170
When you place an order always confirm the factory.
It takes a lot of reading to figure out what to buy.
Another hint: Check photos on BreitlingSource.com to confirm features and model number. Sometimes the caseback or the hands are not correct. I have a Chronomate with a white dial. The only maker was JF. So I still bought the watch with the wrong case back. Enjoy the fun of Reps. Be prepared to wait. Nothing is fast now. The dealers are not the factories. The best info is on Puretime's section here under Mechanics of buying a rep. It is in two parts.

Reactions: APjumbo

RJay

Horology Curious
26/4/22
NA
The only factory, as far as I know, that produces the 38mm is JF. KOR used to but not anymore.

Did you mean TF factory?

Anyways im still waiting to pull the trigger. Ive been looking around for a while but no one is really posting any pics which makes the choice a bit more difficult. VSF makes the 41mm and I really wished they would have done the 38mm as well, but its less popular so I cant blame them. The 35mm would have been interesting as well.

Ferrari328328

Horology Curious
10/10/21
Boston United States
Yes, TF. Sorry about that. I actually just went to an AD and tried the 41mm. Much to my surprise, it wasn't too big.
Did you mean TF factory?

Anyways im still waiting to pull the trigger. Ive been looking around for a while but no one is really posting any pics which makes the choice a bit more difficult. VSF makes the 41mm and I really wished they would have done the 38mm as well, but its less popular so I cant blame them. The 35mm would have been interesting as well.

autAlex

Looking Around
11/4/22
Hey there,

I just ordered a 38mm, all black dial, KOR Breitling. The trusted rep dealer I have bought from has confirmed this is from KOR - however I have no idea if this is correct or not (as Ferrari328328 has mentioned KOR does not make said watch - I am a total noob at this)

I have added some of the QC pics I have received for your info. I'm quite happy with the look of it, and I'm excited to see the Sellita SW200 movement in person.

Should you want to see any pics once I have it, I'll gladly share them.

Cheers, Alex
zLUBep.jpg
zLUQt5.jpg
zLUCHt.jpg
zLUlEF.jpg

Last edited:

RJay

Horology Curious
26/4/22
NA
Yes, TF. Sorry about that. I actually just went to an AD and tried the 41mm. Much to my surprise, it wasn't too big.

No worries man. My watches are actually all 33-38mm. This rep market is a bit barren for my tastes, but there are a few nice pieces here and there. This Navitimer just fits the bill at 38mm and 10mm thick.

Thanks for the pictures autAlex. Looks like the Slide Rule is off a smidge from 11-25 but i believe it's within the ok margin even among gens

ugalord

Metalcore Addict
Patron
Certified
29/6/20
Europe
No worries man. My watches are actually all 33-38mm. This rep market is a bit barren for my tastes, but there are a few nice pieces here and there. This Navitimer just fits the bill at 38mm and 10mm thick.

Thanks for the pictures autAlex. Looks like the Slide Rule is off a smidge from 11-25 but i believe it's within the ok margin even among gens

i recently sold mine here because it got too small and didnt get the deserved wristtime. but i liked it so much that i installed a gen eta. i think this is a great watch and i really didnt care if the lines are 0,0001 mm shorter or anything else someone needs a loupe to see. the only think that feels "cheap" is the bracelet but for me it was still better than leather and i didnt really care ;)

Reactions: shinynewbling25

superedan68

Looking Around
5/7/22
A few years ago, I was watching a documentary about the Navitimer. It was about the history of this watch, and how it came to be what it is today.
fnaf 2 basketbros

madatra

Looking Around
29/10/21
Hey there,

I just ordered a 38mm, all black dial, KOR Breitling. The trusted rep dealer I have bought from has confirmed this is from KOR - however I have no idea if this is correct or not (as Ferrari328328 has mentioned KOR does not make said watch - I am a total noob at this)

I have added some of the QC pics I have received for your info. I'm quite happy with the look of it, and I'm excited to see the Sellita SW200 movement in person.

Cheers, Alex
zLUBep.jpg
zLUQt5.jpg
zLUCHt.jpg
zLUlEF.jpg
Looks great! How are you liking it so far? I'm interested in the blue one, but after seeing this one the black looks awesome.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Great watch but a little small for my taste and the “bead” finishing on the bezel looks too feminine for my tastes.

But the finishing looks nice

Reactions: TESLA760

madatra

Looking Around
29/10/21
Hey there,

Cheers, Alex
zLUBep.jpg
zLUQt5.jpg
zLUCHt.jpg
zLUlEF.jpg
How ya liking it? Looking to get a KOR one as well. The black looks closer to gen than the blue IMO

Rastapopoulos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
5/4/19
Germany
Bought that watch for my wife and after some the movement ‚broke‘. The watch was running but Date Setting was broken. Maybe this would have been an easy fix but as i liked the watch and the surprisingly well made bracelet (very squeeky at first but smooth after a proper oil bath) i decided to put a gen selitta movement in it.
Only upset is the very greenish and Not long lasting lume. All in all a nice replica.

Enthusiast101

Known Member
19/6/23
UK
Hey there,

Cheers, Alex
zLUBep.jpg
zLUQt5.jpg
zLUCHt.jpg
zLUlEF.jpg
How is this holding up? Been eying the 38mm too!

Enthusiast101

Known Member
19/6/23
UK
Bought that watch for my wife and after some the movement ‚broke‘. The watch was running but Date Setting was broken. Maybe this would have been an easy fix but as i liked the watch and the surprisingly well made bracelet (very squeeky at first but smooth after a proper oil bath) i decided to put a gen selitta movement in it.
Only upset is the very greenish and Not long lasting lume. All in all a nice replica.
Which movement did you have in it? For the amount of money you'd pay for a replica, you'd expect the movement to last a little longer than 6months

bamberingen

Looking Around
7/12/23
Did anybody make a comparison between the kor and the tf version? I would be really interested in the watch