• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Story of the Navitimer, by Fred Mandelbaum

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
For those of you who are like me and love the Navitimer, watch this. Narrated by Fred Mandelbaum (watchfred on ig), one of Breitling's foremost historians. He was one of the few people in the world, sworn to secrecy by the Breitling Family, to know that Scott Carpenter's Cosmonaute was in the hands of Breitling.

Fred has collaborated with Breitling in almost all Breitling re-issues, including the new Cosmonaute and the AOPA Navitimer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPZ5woJnEX8&t=29&ab_channel=WatchAdvisor

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Will look at this. I'm a fanboy myself. I wanted this watch since the first time I saw it on John Travoltas wrist at the time when I studied to commercial pilot. I couldn't afford one at the time. Luckily I got older and now I can, fulfilling my youth dream :)

Reactions: mclarendude

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Will look at this. I'm a fanboy myself. I wanted this watch since the first time I saw it on John Travoltas wrist at the time when I studied to commercial pilot. I couldn't afford one at the time. Luckily I got older and now I can, fulfilling my youth dream :)

That is awesome. I went for the Speedmaster first but this is probably my next gen!

Reactions: Akilles

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Good choice. Hard to beat the first moonwatch, even for Rolex, Patek, AP etc

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
great video!
I’ve been obsessed with the navitimer. It started my rep journey and honestly this forum has been so instrumental for me. I’ve gained a lot of knowledge not just about reps but watches (especially navitimers) in general!
to my wife’s dismay, and my bank accounts, I found one of my grail navitimers for an absolute steal and could not pass it up.