• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Avenger Blackbird from Jtime Died in 6 days.......No Response

warwolf

Looking Around
25/4/22
[h=2][/h] I purchased a rep Breitling Avenger Blackbird from Jtime which arrived the 18th, one week ago. Pack looked fine with no evidence of damage. Watch looked good. I wore it, as one would wear a watch....nothing over the top or abusive in any way. Saturday afternoon, it stopped functioning entirely. If you wound it, it would work for a minute and then stop. I put it on a winder.....it stopped while on the winder.

I contacted Li and Lana about the issue two days ago. As yet, no response.....no nothing. At this point, I have a good looking paperweight.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Well, first of all: I think the blackbird would suck as a paperweight, being that light.

As for a Chinese replica watch dying on in such a sort notice... That's a bummer, and although these things don't happen often (at least not from quality watches like GF) they still so happen. You said jtime didn't respond with in 2 days. I understand you want them to respond asap, but give them a little time. I personally don't have experience with jtime, but there a TD here for a reason.
They will probably ask you to ship the watch to a watch smith they work with. (I don't advice shipping it back to China, but others might feel different)

As for the issue itself. Could be anything from balance wheel, mainspring or something blocking the gears.

40mm

19/10/21
GreatWhiteNorth
I would also advise against shipping it back to China. It will likely be seized by customs in China.

You might want to open up the back and have a look under good light, and magnification (5x-10x). You might see the problem.

I had the same problem as you with a BPF sub that had a SA3135 movement that failed after 3 weeks.

I ended up watching a lot of watch repair videos on YouTube, buying some watch repair tools, and replacing the 3135 movement with a new better quality one I bought on eBay. Replacing a movement is not that hard to do and probably something every rep watch collector should learn how to do at some point.

Best of luck

Reactions: TESLA760

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Watches go wrong, sooner or later. When it’s a Chinese counterfeit watch, put together by children with help from their pets in a converted chicken shed, the chances of malfunction increase. As mentioned previously, this doesn’t happen very often, as the children are pretty good at watch assembly, with their tiny hands and awesome eyesight.

JTime will advise you to send it back so they can get it fixed for you. Because, what else can they do? But under no circumstances should you do that - chances are it’ll be seized by the Chinese authorities on the way back in.

So, the other option is to attempt to sort it yourself as mentioned above - or find a local or forum watchsmith to sort it out. Let Li/Lana know how much it costs, and they should offer you a discount on your next order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Having a problem with a new watch is not unheard of. It is part of the cost of buying Reps. Send it to a local watch smith that will fix Reps. DON"T send it back to China for repair. If it gets seized you will be very unhappy.

Reactions: TESLA760

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Watches go wrong, sooner or later. When it’s a Chinese counterfeit watch, put together by children with help from their pets in a converted chicken shed, the chances of malfunction increase. As mentioned previously, this doesn’t happen very often, as the children are pretty good at watch assembly, with their tiny hands and awesome eyesight.

JTime will advise you to send it back so they can get it fixed for you. Because, what else can they do? But under no circumstances should you do that - chances are it’ll be seized by the Chinese authorities on the way back in.

So, the other option is to attempt to sort it yourself as mentioned above - or find a local or forum watchsmith to sort it out. Let Li/Lana know how much it costs, and they should offer you a discount on your next order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm sorry p0pperini, but a child's eyes develop at least until the age of 7. Even then, the eye matures around 16 years.
So although the kids are awesome in watch assembly, it's possible they missed a screw that's now floating around in the movement :p (phun intended)

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
warwolf DOA watches at just part of the cost of buying Reps. After reading all the responses from our Breitling addicts, I am sure you get the message. My experience is that 10% have minor issues, and Customs seize 2%. The rest are just fine. When you make a purchase choose the best factory to minimize the problems to the levels I mentioned. There are watchsmiths listed on RWI. If you want to know who I use in the USA, send me a PM.

Last edited: