• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chronomat B01 42mm TF IMPROVED ?

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
I just got my first GF (two tone, blue dial) and absolutely love it. Have another one (SS/panda) incoming. They're heavy and thick but very well made and have a 'genuine' feel.

The 42mm wears pretty large. I looked the gen 44mm and it is, I think, the same watch with a fatter bezel. 42mm is better balanced IMO

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Looking at these they are so inconsistent, the rubber strap versions look good and are priced at $608 and date font is gen like.

But on the ss bracelet version which you would think is more expensive is priced lower at $548 and the date font is sh!t…doesn't add up for me.

https://puretimewatch.io/chronomat-...edition-silver-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html

Those are new & old batches. Old TF sucked. Those new looks to be TF/GM clones or hybrids. Its plausible that during GM down time TF have picked up some parts from the same supplier.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I have always bought GF's version because I want the best watch I can find. Last year I bought a couple 44mm SuperOcean's made by TF knowing they would not be as good as a GF watch. GF wasn't making any 44mm SO's.

Reactions: leo6929

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
Terrible positioning of the rider tab on the bezel at 12 o'clock:

To the left of the tab are 3 small minute markers visible before the larger minute marker (the 55 minute one), to the right of the tab only 2 small minute markers are visible before the larger 5 minute marker.

Also the tab at 9 o'clock appears to have been positioned partly on top of the 47 minute marker on the bezel.

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11

To the left of the tab are 3 small minute markers visible before the larger minute marker (the 55 minute one), to the right of the tab only 2 small minute markers are visible before the larger 5 minute marker.

Also the tab at 9 o'clock appears to have been positioned partly on top of the 47 minute marker on the bezel.

you are correct, the bezel printing is jacked up on that watch.

might just be a defective bezel, as it looks okay in this pic from PureTime... the silver dial looks nice and not sure that was offered by GF

bl20220315_301.jpg

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada

Holy smokes, that’s pretty bad. Easy to get caught up staring at the date or other issues on reps and I didn’t notice the bezel at all on that one. I would be pissed to spend $600 and miss this on QC pics.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Holy smokes, that’s pretty bad. Easy to get caught up staring at the date or other issues on reps and I didn’t notice the bezel at all on that one. I would be pissed to spend $600 and miss this on QC pics.

GEN for reference

Reactions: APjumbo

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Seeing the other breitlings that TF made I dont think anyone should change their option from GF.