• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BREITLING PREMIER EDITIONS (DATORA)?

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
Hi Breitling friends, sorry if this question has already been beaten to death but I'm wondering if anyone has information regarding Breitling Premier Editions (Datora) being produced as high-quality reps? I bought the Navitimer 8 at Puretime, found a really good ETA movement on eBay and had one of our trusted watchmakers undertake the upgrade. I know that opinions regarding Breitlings direction are massively divided but I kind of like their temporary visit to the late 1930's. I would love to see some of the higher end chorographs being produced but I haven't seen any of these new models (apart from the simple one that I bought). If they're out there, I'd be grateful for any advice. I would by the gen version but I'm just under $10k shy of the actual price. Thanks!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
As it so happens, I was actually discussing the copper dial datora with a friend last night (comaparing it with a Patek grand complication - salmon dial. Many similarities between the two - at wrist distance.

I’m afraid there are No so called top tier reps. If theyre not listed on TD websites, then only DHgate shitter versions exist. Let’s see if the factories come up with new breitling releases post CNY holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: jakeslatneksy

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
mech500, thank you for the reply. I did some homework and found a few Premier choronograph models at InTimeWatch but really nothing impressive. The Datora, as you described it, is pretty much the one I want. We'll see later in the year how the gen does in the market and how the factories respond. For what it's worth, the Navitimer 8, which is arguably the lowest end model in their retro vision for Breitling is 1:1 perfect on the outside in Black PVD. So, a top-shelf ETA movement was well worth it. If they release the Datora in copper, a 7750 movment will probably work well, which is kind of the fun of upgrading reps. You get to realise you're wearing a rep, but you've improved it. Part of the hobby. take care.