• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super Ocean Abyss 42 worth saving

drewinboise

Horology Curious
8/5/11
I've had this watch for about 8 years. Around 4 years ago I left the crown out after winding the watch and was working on my saltwater tank. Yes I know horrible move. A little water got in and the movement stops around the 50 second mark and the hands look horrible now. Is there a watch marker anyone would recommend do relume the hands and maybe the dial as well as swap in another 2824 movement. I think the watch would be worth saving but would like thoughts.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Hi, Yes if you are in EU I can help I also have a set of new genuine hands for that model. Send me a PM and we can discuss the options. Cheers

drewinboise

Horology Curious
8/5/11
I am actually located in the US. Depending on logistics it might be worth shipping that way.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Hurts to see this mate.
To be honest, I don't think it's worth the money to fix the watch. Relume, cleaning, new movement... That's costly. If you're lucky you'll find one m2m.
But if it has sentimental value, then go for it and upgrade/Franken it.

drewinboise

Horology Curious
8/5/11
Watch turned out great thanks to parts from Santre22 and Katt! Honestly lucky to have a great community that helped me get this back together. The watch is rough but perfect for a tools watch. New hands and index ring along with a Hamilton ETA 2824-2. Before pictures are above.