• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Avenger Blackbird GF V2 vs V4.

juanjo1000

Horology Curious
29/7/21
Hi all, does anyone know if the V4 in the Breitling Avenger Blackbird GF is better than the V2? I read some comments the V2 is the best but I would not understand why the upgrade to a worst version. Thanks

RD35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/21
Hi all, does anyone know if the V4 in the Breitling Avenger Blackbird GF is better than the V2? I read some comments the V2 is the best but I would not understand why the upgrade to a worst version. Thanks

Are you going to buy? Go with the latest - V4 version. Although yes it happens sometimes that the factory comes out with an "upgraded version" but then ends up ruining something. One step forward, 2 steps back.

If you are going to buy this specific model, go with the V4 as it has a more gen look dial and over all finishing is better.

Also my fear on older versions is when they stop producing it, the ones left are rejected ones in QC..

destiny500

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/19
Are you going to buy? Go with the latest - V4 version. Although yes it happens sometimes that the factory comes out with an "upgraded version" but then ends up ruining something. One step forward, 2 steps back.

If you are going to buy this specific model, go with the V4 as it has a more gen look dial and over all finishing is better.

Also my fear on older versions is when they stop producing it, the ones left are rejected ones in QC..

yup, the part they ruined on the V4 is the wings logo, which for me, personally, is the most important in any breitling. Its flat and black on the GF whereas its shiny on the gen.

RD35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/21
yup, the part they ruined on the V4 is the wings logo, which for me, personally, is the most important in any breitling. Its flat and black on the GF whereas its shiny on the gen.

Yes it seems to be on some angle, but when hit by light it does have some shine to it.