• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet Appreciation Megathread

krispee

1/5/12
I actually, finally have a Breguet rep incomming after all this time I've still never owned one.

i`m hugely surprised at this, guess there are a lot of watches out there.....

i`m also interested to know which one you plumped for.....

Kris

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It had to be this one ;)

PXTyt.jpg

krispee

1/5/12
It had to be this one ;)

PXTyt.jpg
hmmm, very nice, very classy, does the back view show the movement?
who are you buying this from?
i`d love to purchase a Breguet Tourbillion but unfortunately have to use all available funds for a Barn Conversion right now, maybe one day.....

Kris

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I was actually looking to get a 5237 or a 3237 but never went through with it, I had even posted about it here:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/breguet-classique-chronograph-130611

Who did you place your order with? I ll be waiting to see yours and might pull the trigger.
It is a pity this brand is not more popular amongst this community, the Tourbillon models are the only ones to get a bit of attention.

Here is my much loved Marine.

ETjKSjx.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It was from a member sale and yeah, it shows the movement from the back. Just doing some strap buying for it. Pics when everything arrives.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Your marine is awesome btw. I think I was the only one in a wrist shot thread to notice a gen breguet. :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
It was from a member sale and yeah, it shows the movement from the back. Just doing some strap buying for it. Pics when everything arrives.

Nice, looking forward to see the pics :)
As for the strap, do you by any chance already know the lug size on the rep, I couldn't seem to find it anywhere?

Your marine is awesome btw. I think I was the only one in a wrist shot thread to notice a gen breguet. :p

Ahah, yes I remember. Its starting to age though, I need to have it re-polished some time soon...

krispee

1/5/12
As for the strap, do you by any chance already know the lug size on the rep, I couldn't seem to find it anywhere?

Ahah, yes I remember. Its starting to age though, I need to have it re-polished some time soon...
your Marine is a gen? awesome......

Bonesey: cool, look forward......

i`ll post some updated pics of my Orbital with the new strap.....

Kris

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11

I've been told 21mm which is annoying. Bit most 22mm will fit but be tight.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

krispee

1/5/12
I've been told 21mm which is annoying. Bit most 22mm will fit but be tight.

Sent from my HTC Desire S
yeah, my Orb was 21, 22 is a tight fit indeed but i guess it depends on the type of strap....

Kris

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
I was actually looking to get a 5237 or a 3237 but never went through with it, I had even posted about it here:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/breguet-classique-chronograph-130611

Who did you place your order with? I ll be waiting to see yours and might pull the trigger.
It is a pity this brand is not more popular amongst this community, the Tourbillon models are the only ones to get a bit of attention.

Here is my much loved Marine.

ETjKSjx.jpg

It's a rep, right?

krispee

1/5/12
No, its gen

Pp4iXh4.jpg
and a very nice one it is too, would love to own a genuine Breguet but for the one i want i`d have to be rich lol

got a couple of snaps of my Orb with the new Ostrich strap from Jacob.....

breguetorbital_7.jpg

breguetorbital_5.jpg

Kris

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Now THAT is an exceptional combination. Very well done mate. Would love to see some more hi res shots

The watch itself is a stunner - the strap makes it look a million. I can easily imagine it beautifully gracing any wrist.

In fact the combo of what I'd call warm caramel and turquoise makes me wonder how the strap would look on my AP Montauk Highway.

Hmmmm.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Apologies if I have already posted my pics in here - can't recall if I have or not, so here are my two Breguets - tourbillon bought from a member ... extremely happy with it though the deployment had an issue so I bought a replacement strap, which I am also v. happy with

Breguet263-8LR.jpg

Breguet263-4LR.jpg

Breguet263-6LR.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
and a couple of very average pics of my other one, soon to be moved on ....

BG1.jpg

BG2.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Why you moving that one on? It's a classic. I don't know if they still even make them any more.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Ok, this photo is better :D :thumbsup:

Ahah I truly suck at taking photos :facepalm:

Apologies if I have already posted my pics in here - can't recall if I have or not, so here are my two Breguets - tourbillon bought from a member ... extremely happy with it though the deployment had an issue so I bought a replacement strap, which I am also v. happy with
Breguet263-6LR.jpg

Great Combo, that Tourby looks stunning, I had not seen the rep on a nice glossy strap yet. Plus the colour is spot on with the bronzy/rose gold details of the dial.
ps: what s up with the yellow Box branded Breguet?

and a couple of very average pics of my other one, soon to be moved on ....
BG1.jpg
Is that the one Bonesey is getting? Only pity with these is that they look as good if not even better upside down.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Hi folks

1. The yellow enamel Breguet box was from memory, produced for one of their editions but I can't recall which - anyway, after reading about their timepieces and deciding to buy a tourby if the right one ever came up, I saw this box during an overseas trip so bought it. No idea if it is anything like the original but I love it. I try to buy boxes for my better watches - and am making a nautical themed one for my Montauk Highway (if I ever get time to do it!!)

2. Thanks for the +ve comments on the watch strap combo - it worked out really well too, I reckon. Strap only cost a few bucks but is a decent quality and lifted the overall presentation of the watch really nicely.

3. My "other" Breguet is sitting in the drawer in my pen/timepiece/tie cabinet and gets zero wrist-time - and as I now have what I regard as the ultimate Breguet timepiece, I am going to sell it sometime - not touting for business at all, but my cabinet is full to overflowing and as yummy as it is, my other takes centre stage.

BTW I bought this FM box (and watch) at the same time as the Breguet one - it's a ripper though was slightly water damaged ... makes it look 'more' authentic to me, but then I spend my life making things look like they have been maintained for generations so maybe I am the only one who thinks a damaged box is a good thing

:)

FM-GroupLR.jpg

FM-Box1LR.jpg