• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet Appreciation Megathread

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Ah, I see. Here's the QC pic I got, looks decent enough to me. The centre dial is white not dark grey which is good. Pity about the white stitching on the strap, I might dye it.

2uh1u6w.jpg

I agree, contrast stitching on a strap only really goes with a more sporty watch, and even then I'm not a big fan of white stitching on a brown strap.

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
29/1/11
Look at this beauty. If I was going to spend $700 on a watch this may well be it:

2w7py6p.jpg

How would one get a real tourby rep serviced/repaired?

Agree, I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these. I'm not an expert on the gens and I presume this is a fantasy but still it has the 'look'. Factory did a nice job on the dial. The Chinese tourbys are supposed to be pretty reliable. Guess you have to hope the tourbillon itself doesn't act up... I myself am not too worried, being a manual wind and not wearing it too often, it should last a very long time without needing any service at all. Also the makers can't get away with big gobs of oil, hairs, dirt, and metal debris in a skeletonized watch ;)

I do wonder if some of the expert watchmakers on the forum here - Vac, Smidsy, Francisco, Domi, etc. - would work on it ?

If not maybe you could send it to Breguet or an authorized service center... I know of at least one Panerai rep that was sent to the service center by the AD three separate times before they realized it wasn't a gen lol.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
If not maybe you could send it to Breguet or an authorized service center... I know of at least one Panerai rep that was sent to the service center by the AD three separate times before they realized it wasn't a gen lol.

:lol: that is incredible! The brazenness of sending a rep to a service center! :lol:

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Here it is! I'm very happy with it overall. I love the open heart. I had no idea the 'B' moves around like a second hand. Hard to capture the blue hands in photos. The strap isn't great, and I really want to find something to color the white stitching. Also the stainless steel back is kind of annoying, although practical (I presume that's where the gold would wear off first). Now I want more!

IMG_6982.jpg

IMG_6987-1.jpg

IMG_6986.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Man, for the price that's a crackin wee watch man :D Excellent!

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Cheers! Now I want more. Issue is how to do it on the quiet so wife doesn't notice.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I just ordered this, I've wanted it for ages (ordered it once before) and since the Breguet I just got turned out to be 42mm and is fine size-wise, I decided to get this one too.

Yes it's a fantasy, and maybe only some of the sub-dials will function, but it's a fantasy that I like a lot. And I couldn't find the classiques anywhere, so this will do nicely.

kgoUd.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Good thing is with the movement all of the subdials 'should' work as well :D

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Here's a few shots taken with my macro extension tubes (uncropped). Problem is, as you mentioned Bonesey, DOF is razor thin because of 2.8 aperture.

IMG_7108.jpg

IMG_7109.jpg

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7099.jpg

This one's a crop:

IMG_7100.jpg

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I've figured out the extension tubes a bit better so can get sharper pics. Can't wait to get my other Breguet so I can take more macro shots.

301gc2c.jpg

LORRYQU

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/11
Holy moly!!! Fantastic! I am getting the one with the moon on the dial. Just like the way it looks.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Bonesey - which dealer was this one from?

$528
42mm x 13mm
Asian Seagull Handwinding tourbillon movement

This is a stunning watch. The attention to detail the replica makers have given this watch, both front and rear is astonishing for the money. The guillocha dial, open tourbillon, engraving around the bottom of the dial, and the level of detail on the rear plate is absolutely incredible. On the tourbillon is a triple seconds hand. Whereby there are 3 seconds hands on the tourbillon pivot and a dial marking that runs from 0 to 20. I really can't say more about it. For the money it is a stunning watch.

Ah, found it, non-TD on this site (Perfect Clones)

dodgerblue310

Horology Curious
22/7/11
Hate to make the only troll-like comment in the thread, but guys, if you're going to sport a Breguet, like all reps, you better be able to pull it off. The guy that's driving a Toyota or Honda to work just isn't going to get away with it.

Having said that, they are amazing novelty pieces even if they're not daily wearers!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Nope, i definitely agree with you on that one. Probably the reason why I havn't actually picked up a Breguet rep yet. If I do it would probably be one of the Type XX ones.

laures

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/11
Breguet makes some fantastic watches.

I am amazed that there are reps at the price levels shown here. How do they make them that cheap??

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Breguet makes some fantastic watches.

I am amazed that there are reps at the price levels shown here. How do they make them that cheap??

Perhaps the cheapest ones are not that great after all....

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Hate to make the only troll-like comment in the thread, but guys, if you're going to sport a Breguet, like all reps, you better be able to pull it off. The guy that's driving a Toyota or Honda to work just isn't going to get away with it.

naaah - park around the corner ;)

I just ordered this, I've wanted it for ages (ordered it once before) and since the Breguet I just got turned out to be 42mm and is fine size-wise, I decided to get this one too.

Yes it's a fantasy, and maybe only some of the sub-dials will function ....

Did the subdials work on this baby?

I am yet to photograph my Breguet, but I bought (because the original watch I ordered, which was an alleged new arrival, wasn't in stock and there were no estimates on availability) the 3863 manual wind.

Honestly, I love it - the thing just looks like class.

I'd love to buy a nice box for it and get hold of some general Breguet marketing literature to accompany the watch .... I also hope to buy a tourbillon version next year and am willing to spend the money to get a good'n if I can.

... love that spinning B!

APOLOGY:

I should have acknowledged the excellent standard of the thread - hats off sir .... beautifully and thoughtfully presented. Thanks very much!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Thank you, hope that you really enjoy your new B, the tourbillon ones are just stunning overall. Accurate to gen or not, just wonderful.

krispee

1/5/12
wow, fantastic thread for a fantastic watch, a big fan of the Breguet brand.....but dang you just dented my enthusiasm for the Orbital Tourbillon watch i just bought, thought it looked a beauty in the pics, still i`m sure it will look great when i take possession......
hopefully :unsure:

keep up the good work.....

Kris

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
I believe they were the first to invent the toubillion, i've got to appreciate them for that!