• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Breguet Super rep - 5177 MK

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
I usually dont post anything about my purchases but i believe this rep deserves more attention as it went under the radar
For people looking for the most perfect breguet rep out there this particular version of the MK collection is probably the closest you can get
I will let the pics talk.
As you can see the date font is as per gen (yes, there are version with a silver datewheel and a blue font, but there is another version with a white datewheel and black font)
The thickness is the closest to gen it can get and the movement, even if it is just a myiota with a different rotor(a pretty good one tho) and some engraving it will fool those who have never seen the real thing
One last thing, even if its a myiota, the movement is pretty silent, and trust me i had many 9015, maybe its just my piece, but its something worth mentioning

Whats_App_Image_2018-03-20_at_10.20.03.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018-03-20_at_10.34.16.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018-03-20_at_10.34.16_1.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018-03-20_at_10.20.03_1.jpg

Last edited:

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
Stunning piece indeed and rather underrated.
The thickness is pretty good, but what about the size?
The gen is something like 38.5mm I believe.

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
I have got a 16.5 wrist, then it got pretty big lugs, it wears as a 42mm watch
The FK is extra thick so there is no way to compare them
anyway it seems to be the same

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Yep, this is the same debate as the FK vs MK. MK is NOT a super rep. The dial is bad and the date wheels are not the right finish (must be silvered for the guilloche dials and white for the enamel dials). The MK dials on the enamel hold them back simply because the numerals are too bold and thick. The FK does it just right. Also, the hour and minute hands are not nearly as finely finished or as long as the FK version. The FK straps are WAY superior as well.

A super rep would be:

- MK Movement, crystal and case
- FK everything else (date wheel, dial, hands, strap)

I'm highly tempted to try it.

Reactions: xpresso

smacktard

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
FK is supposed to be developing a version 2, perhaps it will be even better? Or maybe the same and just replenishing the quantities. No timeline though. Dont both FK and MK have the same Miyota movement?

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
The MK is far superior because of thickness, anyone who has seen a real 5177 will spot your fk easily seeing from far on your wrist because its fat.
I have compared my guilloche dial to a gen (even tho just in photos, i wouldnt know where to find an breguet dealer in my area) and it is pretty accurate. The datewheel had to be silver but its a minor and unnoticeable detail. The hands are pretty good as well.
MK is not a superrep but its the most accurate.

Reactions: csthe

smacktard

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Maybe for the metal dial, but for the enamel style dial the MK is magic-marker like thick. Moot point as i think the FK is out of stock most places.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Maybe for the metal dial, but for the enamel style dial the MK is magic-marker like thick. Moot point as i think the FK is out of stock most places.

I am SERIOUSLY considering making a franken with the MK case and FK dial and hands and date wheel

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
I am SERIOUSLY considering making a franken with the MK case and FK dial and hands and date wheel

The datewheel of the FK is wrong as well, the blue is much lighter and easily spotted with a quick glimpse by someone who deals with the real thing
zQZEq86.jpg
This is instead a gen 5177 enamel
The datewheel is more similar to the MK version than to the FK

c.jpg