• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet tradition rose gold/black dial V2 incoming

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
I still haven't received any QC pics guys. More than a month since I made my order.

Uleertel

Horology Curious
20/5/18
I still haven't received any QC pics guys. More than a month since I made my order.

Hello flofas Did you received the pictures? Did they fix the PR color from the V1? Very interested in this watch but the absence of communication from angus in your case is a bit of a turnoff for me.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
flofas mate, how is the overall quality of this v2 watch? any observations on the movement ...is it running smooth, etc?

stoyania the watch looks very good, the movement behaves a bit strange. It is a hand-winding movement, however if its stopped and you wind it, it doesn't immediately start, you have to shake it around a bit for it to start. This happened 2 out of the 3 times I had to wind the watch to get it moving again.

Also, I noticed that the "power reserve" feature only shows like the first three winds of the watch. Which is not really enough to keep it going. To make you understand the situation better, when the power reserve is showing 95%, there is not enough power reserve to keep the watch going correctly, it's going very slow losing more than 15 seconds per minute. So whenever you see the power reserve below 100% you have to wind the watch.

I hope these problems of the movement will not result in the watch stopping. Its hard to understand if the watch is losing seconds or minutes in a dial that small and without seconds hand.

The appearance of the watch is very impressive. Whenever I want to see the time, I take a look at the watch, observe the amazing movement display, and then forget to see what time it is. The dial is very small and it takes a lot of time to get used to it. The watch case is very light actually, everyone will understand its a rep from its weight, plus the leather strap is very hard and bad quality, proper cardboard. To be honest, I've tried on a couple of gen breguets (not the specific 7057) at a dealer and they were very light as well, but not to the extent of this rep.

Reactions: stoyania

stoyania

15/4/16
stoyania the watch looks very good, the movement behaves a bit strange. It is a hand-winding movement, however if its stopped and you wind it, it doesn't immediately start, you have to shake it around a bit for it to start. This happened 2 out of the 3 times I had to wind the watch to get it moving again.

Also, I noticed that the "power reserve" feature only shows like the first three winds of the watch. Which is not really enough to keep it going. To make you understand the situation better, when the power reserve is showing 95%, there is not enough power reserve to keep the watch going correctly, it's going very slow losing more than 15 seconds per minute. So whenever you see the power reserve below 100% you have to wind the watch.

I hope these problems of the movement will not result in the watch stopping. Its hard to understand if the watch is losing seconds or minutes in a dial that small and without seconds hand.

The appearance of the watch is very impressive. Whenever I want to see the time, I take a look at the watch, observe the amazing movement display, and then forget to see what time it is. The dial is very small and it takes a lot of time to get used to it. The watch case is very light actually, everyone will understand its a rep from its weight, plus the leather strap is very hard and bad quality, proper cardboard. To be honest, I've tried on a couple of gen breguets (not the specific 7057) at a dealer and they were very light as well, but not to the extent of this rep.

flofas thank you for the short review mate. very tempting watch but seems like it has some drawbacks indeed. tradeoffs, tradeoffs like almost everything in life

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
No changes, caseback is still a sticker

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mimicry

11/3/17
Any members who bought this , how is it holding up?

There was a lot of talk of being hard to service has this been the case ?

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk