• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet Ref. 1775

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
I have no idea how accurate this rep is or even if there is a gen counterpart (and frankly, I don't care).

I am just interested in trying to accomplish two things with this thread.
1. For those who look only at Rolex, Omega and the other "big guys" you are missing some interesting dials. Look at the detail here, all different textures on a white dial.
2. A white dial can photograph in many different shades from creamy to pearly to silvery. You will see that in the later photos.

First, many photos of the dial in its correct white dial/blue hands color to illustrate its texture.

DSC_0411.JPG

DSC_0395.JPG

DSC_0390.JPG

DSC_0393(1).JPG

DSC_0378.JPG

DSC_0370(1).JPG

DSC_0405.JPG

Notice the cream color tone of the dial here.
DSC_0360.JPG

I would call this a silvery tone.
DSC_0366aJPG.jpg

I would say this is pearly white.
DSC_0368a.JPG

I would call this also pearly white.
DSC_0375.JPG

I made this close up to show the texture variations in the dial which you often miss seeing even when looking at close up photos of the entire dial and also to show how color can change in the same photograph.
This is the correct white in the lower left hand corner and them moves to a silver pearly white in the upper right hand corner as the light falls off slightly and to a creamy white in the lower right hand corner as a small bit of incandescent light refects in the dial.
DSC_0419a.JPG

All these photos were taken with the same flash. The color variations are due to slightly different exposures. A bit less light makes the dial silvery or pearly. Mix in a small bit of incandescent light and you are adding a bit of creamy tone.

Two points:
1. Look beyond the usual brands to find interesting dials.
2. Don't trust even good quality color photos from dealer web sites to have exactly the same dial color as the watch. They are far less fussy about their photos than I am and look at the variation I get.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
One of my favorite reps. Too baddest the Breguet is misaligned with the dial.

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
Thanks for the post. I love Breguet, I was recently at there AD in my city, they only have one, I tried on a couple of watches and I fell in love with the Type XX. Its only 39mm but very beautifully proportioned, the details on the watch are fantastic. I have to say that on the wrist it looks better than the type XXI, which is 41.5mm.

Some of of the dealers do have reps for this model, even in rose gold which I don't think there is a gen version of, but they definitely should have made it because the rep looks terrific in photos. I have been mulling over buying one, but what's holding me back is that there is no info about it on the forum. Well, actually there is almost no info at all about Breguet.

replicawatchguy

3/3/09
Stunning shots and you're right - even if this one doesn't exist, it's a winner! I've found some reps that make me wonder why the gen doesn't exist lol.