• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Breguet Classique chronograph 5287 available

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
Hi,

Along with the much discussed La Tradition 7057 rep, recently another Breguet has become quietly available at Intime.
Gen pic in RG:
5287br_12_9zu_face_0.jpg

It's a good looking rep of the Classique chronograph 5287 with an Asian Lemania hand winding chronograph movement (Sea-gull?). Case measurements are very close to gen which is rare for a Breguet replica.
Apart from the movement (visible thru the case back), IMO it's also fairly accurate as far as Breguet reps go.

It's available in 4 different versions. Any info on who the maker is, is appreciated!

classique-1433-rg-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-leather-strap-asian-hand-winding-chronograph.jpg

classique-1433-rg-best-edition-white-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-asian-hand-winding-chronograph.jpg

classique-1433-ss-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-leather-strap-asian-hand-winding-chronograph.jpg

classique-1433-ss-best-edition-white-dial-on-brown-leather-asian-hand-winding-chronograph.jpg

caprioles9000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/17
@ jovame. Thanks for informing us.

@ all experts

I wonder if the subdial at 3 o clock is working? For those with eagle eyes anything that does not match gen? Comments on quality from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
@ jovame. Thanks for informing us.

@ all experts

I wonder if the subdial at 3 o clock is working? For those with eagle eyes anything that does not match gen? Comments on quality from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

My guess is that it is working as it shows in different positions on the various shots of the same watch. From what I can quickly see myself, this looks very good. I am no Breguet expert though, I have been looking for a chrono and this might be the one.

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12

Yes, the subdial at 3 o' clock is definitely working because the movement is an Asian Lemania copy which has full chronograph functionality, i.e. the red central second hand is counting the seconds and the 3 o' clock dial is counting the minutes once the chronograph is started.
The 9 o' clock subdial is the normal second hand which is always ticking.

As for any tells that give away this as a replica, the most obvious one is that the second hand of the gen (9 o' clock) has a little arrow-shaped head on one side. The rep has not.

Bregeut-Classique-Chronograph-5287.jpg

Furthermore, the hour hand of the rep is a little too short. Also the clasp on the leather bracelet of the gen is different I believe, and the case measurements are a little off (diameter 42.5 mm for the gen vs. 41.5 mm for the rep, thickness 12.1 vs. 12 mm).
There's a nice short video of the gen on YouTube:

Still, all in all a very nice rep I believe which I'll probably be ordering soon. The pics on Intime don't do this watch justice IMO since they're overexposed which makes it hard to appreciate the guilloche details of the dial.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Yes, the subdial at 3 o' clock is definitely working because the movement is an Asian Lemania copy which has full chronograph functionality, i.e. the red central second hand is counting the seconds and the 3 o' clock dial is counting the minutes once the chronograph is started.

As for any tells that give away this as a replica, the most obvious one is that the second hand of the gen (9 o' clock) has a little arrow-shaped head on one side. The rep has not.

Furthermore, the hour hand of the rep is a little too short. Also the clasp on the leather bracelet of the gen is different I believe, and the case measurements are a little off (diameter 42.5 mm for the gen vs. 41.5 mm for the rep, thickness 12.1 vs. 12 mm).

Still, all in all a very nice rep I believe which I'll probably be ordering soon. The pics on Intime don't do this watch justice IMO since they're overexposed which makes it hard to appreciate the guilloche details of the dial.
I've been considering this too. Which version are you considering ordering?

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
I've been considering this too. Which version are you considering ordering?

I've mailed Intime about the availability of the RG version with the silver dial. Just had a reply from Ryan that they'll be able to send QC pics within a week of receiving payment.

caprioles9000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/17

Great feedback jovame. Small differences but as you said a wonderfull watch even of these flaws exists. Wear it in great health :)

Sent from the RWI App

Vinvin7

Known Member
11/2/13
The most obvious tell is the much smaller and not centered subdials. The screws of the lugs are bigger than gen. It is a pity because i was looking forward this model so much but definitely it is not a good replica

D

d4m.test

The rep could be better.
Here are some of the most obvious points that I saw (see enclosed picture) :
1. the red hand is too long and too fat
2. the minutes hand is too big (the cicrcle at the end shoud be smaller than on the hour hand)
3. the hour hand is too short
4. the seconds hand doesn't have the little arrow
5. the 2 subdials are too small
6. the typo looks bigger on the rep

View attachment 80246

Moreover :
- the movement looks different
- the inscriptions on the back case are too thin
- "the screws of the lugs are bigger than gen" as said by Vinvin7
- the clasp is different as said by jovame

Definetly, there is still some job to do on this model

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Thanks JLCgeo. I was aware of most of these but I still ordered it! I have been looking for a decent >40mm Breguet that I could pull off wearing (i.e. not a Tourbillon) and this was it I think.

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
The rep could be better.
Here are some of the most obvious points that I saw (see enclosed picture) :
1. the red hand is too long and too fat
2. the minutes hand is too big (the cicrcle at the end shoud be smaller than on the hour hand)
3. the hour hand is too short
4. the seconds hand doesn't have the little arrow
5. the 2 subdials are too small
6. the typo looks bigger on the rep

View attachment 80246

Moreover :
- the movement looks different
- the inscriptions on the back case are too thin
- "the screws of the lugs are bigger than gen" as said by Vinvin7
- the clasp is different as said by jovame

Definetly, there is still some job to do on this model

The above remarks are all true, although the remark about the movement looking different is a bit silly...
Do you really expect a movement in a $ 300 rep to look the same as a movement in a $ 30,000 watch of one of the most exclusive Swiss brands?

It all amounts to the same recurring theme here: is your appreciation of a rep largely dependent on how similar it is to the gen (and how succesful you can pass it off for a gen), or can you appreciate a rep on its own terms e.g. because you think it looks good?

I've just received this watch and I for one am very happy with it. It's not a super rep but it has a lot of the typical Breguet characteristics that make it look and feel like a Breguet to me (this is my 7th Breguet rep).
The chances that I'll ever meet a person who can tell it's a fake are very remote; most people have never even heard of Breguet and for them it's just another watch anyway.
Even if I was "called out" for wearing a replica watch I would happily admit this. For just 1% (!) of the value of the real watch I can enjoy a lot of the looks and features of the genuine article!

Some pics...

D

d4m.test

The above remarks are all true, although the remark about the movement looking different is a bit silly...
Do you really expect a movement in a $ 300 rep to look the same as a movement in a $ 30,000 watch of one of the most exclusive Swiss brands?

It all amounts to the same recurring theme here: is your appreciation of a rep largely dependent on how similar it is to the gen (and how succesful you can pass it off for a gen), or can you appreciate a rep on its own terms e.g. because you think it looks good?

I've just received this watch and I for one am very happy with it. It's not a super rep but it has a lot of the typical Breguet characteristics that make it look and feel like a Breguet to me (this is my 7th Breguet rep).
The chances that I'll ever meet a person who can tell it's a fake are very remote; most people have never even heard of Breguet and for them it's just another watch anyway.
Even if I was "called out" for wearing a replica watch I would happily admit this. For just 1% (!) of the value of the real watch I can enjoy a lot of the looks and features of the genuine article!

Some pics...

Nice pics!
I'm glad that you're happy with it! The watch looks good despite the fact that it's not a super rep.

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
@jovame, I could not agree with you more! I almost bought a gen Marine Chrono (for 15,000 bucks and I am so glad that i did not pull that trigger). As you state, for a fraction of the price you can get quite close and most would not notice anywayeven if you had the gen.

As stated above, I have already ordered the same (5287 chrono) from Trusty although only the SS one.

Since you have many Breguet reps, could you recommend some really good ones but larger than 40-41mm??

Thanks

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
@jovame, I could not agree with you more! I almost bought a gen Marine Chrono (for 15,000 bucks and I am so glad that i did not pull that trigger). As you state, for a fraction of the price you can get quite close and most would not notice anywayeven if you had the gen.

As stated above, I have already ordered the same (5287 chrono) from Trusty although only the SS one.

Since you have many Breguet reps, could you recommend some really good ones but larger than 40-41mm??

Thanks
I'm sure you'll love the ss version, it was my 2nd choice. Please post pics once you have it!
Regarding my other Breguets, 4 of them are of the Classique series and all are around 40 mm. They're very nice and wear bigger on the wrist so you shouldn't disregard them immediately I think.
The other 2 are tourbillons which you might think a bit too much, though they are 42 mm...
Some pics (one is missing):
b93d93058ec3c100d4acfd9aa5eb87de.jpg
53a98ed3c51533b7b6f71a1886b8211e.jpg
8c57bccfff5ff290781238a08c2d773b.jpg
ca94117f8b60a182b83ed2462cdde44d.jpg
dc81a8092a91616989083142a2d1216f.jpg