• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet 5177 Photo review (gifs!)

anonome

Horology Curious
26/7/18
Just received this watch from PureTime (1815 Classique). Heard a rattling and looked to find a screw + washer completely out.

Anyone know how to remove this case back so I can screw it back in?

IMG_0090.jpg

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Just received this watch from PureTime (1815 Classique). Heard a rattling and looked to find a screw + washer completely out.

Anyone know how to remove this case back so I can screw it back in?

IMG_0090.jpg
Just push it down, it holds by pressure and not by screws.
This is MK or FK?

Last edited:

anonome

Horology Curious
26/7/18
I bought one of the watch back opener balls, but I still can't get the back to come off. Any suggestions?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
The enamel dial should have white and black DWO. The silver guilloche dials should have silver background

can anyone please confirm that the new FK factory 5177 silver gulloche dial’s date wheel background color?

It is hard to know the color of the date wheel, it is silver or white after seeing multiple pictures from TDs website sample photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I bought one of the watch back opener balls, but I still can't get the back to come off. Any suggestions?

Hey man, got your PM last week but I was out of town sorry.

I looked at mine briefly this morning and I didn't see any grooves to open the back if it's pressure fit. I still think it's screw back, but I don't know. I checked a few TDs and none of them removed the caseback (sometimes they do to show the movement. I'll keep looking around.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
once the date wheel plate color is confirmed as silver not white then this can be NWBIG, all the pictures show an unclear view about the color...

anonome

Horology Curious
26/7/18
PureTime QC have said this is a pry back watch. Still having an impossible time getting the case off.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
PureTime QC have said this is a pry back watch. Still having an impossible time getting the case off.

Based on this comparison pic I found comparing gen to rep, it looks like it has a small wedge below the crown.

395e4a1bcd5da311e91ebcea9f.jpg

f0a734d330f41cf49883787d1d.jpg
a4e4bba0898135c33fedda0b47.jpg

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

Could you please explain what “a pry back watch” means exactly? thanks

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Could you please explain what “a pry back watch” means exactly? thanks

You have to use a caseback knife or smth that works the same (regular knifes are fine but careful with scratches). You slide it in between the case back and watch case and use pressure to open it.
Smth looking like this:
da2efe78354f3e3533218e39bde5e052.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
You have to use a caseback knife or smth that works the same (regular knifes are fine but careful with scratches). You slide it in between the case back and watch case and use pressure to open it.
Smth looking like this:
da2efe78354f3e3533218e39bde5e052.jpg

thanks for the answer!

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
The enamel dial should have white and black DWO. The silver guilloche dials should have silver background

So are the guilloche dials that the TDs call "white" really silver? I seem to remember you having a guilloche for sale a few months ago and it looked true white.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
MK isn't a super rep because

1. The enamel dial has super thick font
2. The straps are garbage compared to gen (FK's straps are almost like gen)
3. The date wheels of the guilloche dials don't have a silver backing.
4. The hands don't have the length and finish of the gen. The seconds hand needs to taper a bit more at the end.

There is still room for improvement needed.

V2 is out
https://www.intime04.co/breguet/617...l-numeral-markers-on-brown-leather-a777q.html
What do you think?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16

Similar to before. I spent a great deal looking at these pics.

I see virtually no improvement over the initial V1. This just seems like a new batch. Here are the cons:

- Enamel dial still same thick font
- Enamel dial has a particularly steep 'cut out' for the DW. whereas the FK is a bit more gentle like the gen
- Guilloche dials look to not be improved at all
- Straps are the same garbage
- Hour and minute hands aren't as finely finished as FK

However, MK still is desirable. If you want one of the guilloche dials, it's REALLY good. In fact, the hour hand reaches to the correct part of the dial, whereas the FK falls a bit short. The main con to the guilloche dial is the date disc lacks the silver finish.

The best overall rep is still an MK base watch with FK strap, enamel dial and minute hand.

Last edited:

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Similar to before. I spent a great deal looking at these pics.

I see virtually no improvement over the initial V1. This just seems like a new batch. Here are the cons:

- Enamel dial still same thick font
- Enamel dial has a particularly steep 'cut out' for the DW. whereas the FK is a bit more gentle like the gen
- Guilloche dials look to not be improved at all
- Straps are the same garbage
- Hour and minute hands aren't as finely finished as FK

However, MK still is desirable. If you want one of the guilloche dials, it's REALLY good. In fact, the hour hand reaches to the correct part of the dial, whereas the FK falls a bit short. The main con to the guilloche dial is the date disc lacks the silver finish.

The best overall rep is still an MK base watch with FK strap, enamel dial and hour and minute hands.

Thank you for the detailed answer!
Can you elaborate what is wrong with the guilloche dials?
and what do you mean by saying that the hands aren't as finely finished as FK?

Thanks mate!