• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Breguet coming in April

Rolly123

17/11/18
Get yourself u custom made strap from one of the forum TD/strapmakers. You can pick everything, leather, length, stiching, etc..

Thanks, any in particular you can recommend? Would like to get it as close to the Breguet original as possible.
​​​​​​
Although, I remember seeing someone post the strap maker that hodinkee uses somewhere. They're pretty decent quality.

Reactions: vcappp

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Loooong ago. Here are the QC pictures. Still waiting for QC pics for another watch on the same order.

GEyJOKN.jpg

w5PgXrU.jpg

zdGiXs8.jpg

Tr06CsV.jpg

kjBshuc.jpg

QQOohq6.jpg

uyhMfzX.jpg

JVxEEWH.jpg

XcH4T8w.jpg

Do you still have your watch? How is it holding up with time?
Debating wether to pick one up in this exact color combo or to get the AP milenary. Would be grateful if you could post a couple pictures/wristshots to help me decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ashrams

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
It is still one of my favourite watches.

There are flaws of course. The balance wheel is wrong, and is fairly obvious if you know what to look for.

Some of the bridges aren't quite in the perfect positions, again unless you know the gen you would never be able to tell.

Breguet on the back is stuck on, but gen doesn't look too much different.

Bridges could be slightly more coarse grain on the rep. V2 is only small improvements, they position more accurately the SWISS MADE on the back although it is difficult to get perfect because of the position of the jewels compared to the gen. They changed the rounded screws for flat on the back for flat which is more gen like.

Otherwise it's a fantastic effort and whilst everyone knows a sub, you'll hardly ever see one of these in the wild.

Time keeping is good, no more than -10s/d

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and Hyjynx

Rolly123

17/11/18
0e246919b6e005d9c6e5503eaf66aa14.jpg

I really appreciate your photos and input throughout this thread. I know it's asking a lot, but I don't suppose there's any chance you could load a brief video so that we can see the movement in action? Thanks!

Bendori

2/5/16
I really appreciate your photos and input throughout this thread. I know it's asking a lot, but I don't suppose there's any chance you could load a brief video so that we can see the movement in action? Thanks!
but there is PLENTY of videos of it online?

Rolly123

17/11/18
but there is PLENTY of videos of it online?

Videos of the rep? I saw earlier in this forum another user posted a link to a Google drive account with a different colour model - but I particularly wanted to see the silver and black one. I

f you can point me in the direction of the videos I would really appreciate it. I've seen the ultra slow motion one on Puretime but curious how it looks in real life.

loukasvyntra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/16
I’m getting QC pics for 7057 black dial silver bezel and there are marks on the left bridge. Previous one had on both. I wanted to ask you guys if the ones you got has them too so that I know how to move forward

thanks

https://imgur.com/a/eQAlCHY

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I’m getting QC pics for 7057 black dial silver bezel and there are marks on the left bridge. Previous one had on both. I wanted to ask you guys if the ones you got has them too so that I know how to move forward

thanks

https://imgur.com/a/eQAlCHY

Mine has a small mark under the PR. I sent it to Tomrep to see if he could clean it. He's doing a few projects for me at the minute, don't think he's started on it

loukasvyntra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/16
Should I nit pick here or proceed with green lighting the TD? Does it seem noticeable to you?

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
I've been very happy with my Breguet. It's a V1. I've seen the gen up close and I don't think many could distinguish them unless they have them side to side. There are many differences but only trained eyes could spot them immediately. The only thing I can't stand is how featherweight it is. I cannot find much information about how much the gen weights, but the rep feels like, i don't know, less than 60 grams?