• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Breguet coming in April

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
Buckle can be easily taken out and swapped without any issues, not sure what’s wrong
Did it twice without any issue at all

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

smacktard

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
The drove the screw in like a nail and it can't be extracted? Or I got an defective buckle? Neither I nor a professional watchmaker could remove it. It's not a spring.

If you switched yours out, show us a photo of the buckle then. Ii can't be removed and doesn't spring inwards to be removed.

smacktard

6/12/17
I tried that, there was no way to hold the one side while unscrewing the other side.

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
Probably something wrong with your buckle in that case haha

stoyania

15/4/16
Probably something wrong with your buckle in that case haha

mate, how is your movement going? still strong and runs fine? I adore this watch but a bit worried about the movement longevity...

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
mate, how is your movement going? still strong and runs fine? I adore this watch but a bit worried about the movement longevity...

Yup, still going strong. Power reserve is very short straight out of the box tho, about 1.5 days max.

Reactions: ssouthall6

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Yup, still going strong. Power reserve is very short straight out of the box tho, about 1.5 days max.

How is the power reserve indication going? I received mine and it seems that the power reserve indication is practically useless. It shows, like, the first three winds of the crown, which is not enough to keep the watch going. E.g. when the power reserve shows 95%, it's going very slow and it's losing seconds every minute. So whenever you see the power reserve below 100% you have to re-wind the watch and re-set the time.

Reactions: stoyania

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I had replace my strap already. Is this what you r looking for?
[video]https://scontent.fmel5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/35268163_10208972056856992_2548099763371245568_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b481aeb34da373ad1d8d74fa0e7a89f8&oe=5BC5034C[/video]

So it’s a simple spring bar, not a screw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
How is the power reserve indication going? I received mine and it seems that the power reserve indication is practically useless. It shows, like, the first three winds of the crown, which is not enough to keep the watch going. E.g. when the power reserve shows 95%, it's going very slow and it's losing seconds every minute. So whenever you see the power reserve below 100% you have to re-wind the watch and re-set the time.

For mine it’s able to run till the power reserve hits 3%ish thought I do notice it stopping at 50%ish and 20%ish from time to time. Time is accurate for mine, didn’t notice any substantial losses and is accurate to the minute even after a few weeks.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: vcappp

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
Seems like the movement is either a hit or miss, potential buyers do take note as the movement most probably can’t be serviced if it’s damaged or keeping time badly.

mr.minhghi

13/2/17
So it’s a simple spring bar, not a screw?

As photo, yes it is. The screw is just for real looking, it doesnt do a screw jobs. if you try to unscrew it, it gonna fall off and you will need some glue to fit it back.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Originally posted by flofas: How is the power reserve indication going? I received mine and it seems that the power reserve indication is practically useless. It shows, like, the first three winds of the crown, which is not enough to keep the watch going. E.g. when the power reserve shows 95%, it's going very slow and it's losing seconds every minute. So whenever you see the power reserve below 100% you have to re-wind the watch and re-set the time.

For mine it’s able to run till the power reserve hits 3%ish thought I do notice it stopping at 50%ish and 20%ish from time to time. Time is accurate for mine, didn’t notice any substantial losses and is accurate to the minute even after a few weeks.

Sent from the RWI App

I found out whats wrong with mine. The power reserve indication on the dial has slowly been misaligned compared to the power reserve indication on the back. The power reserve indication in the back (which is connected directly to the gears) is pretty much correct, but the power reserve hand the front (which is connected through the case to the rear -actual- power indication) must have not been fitted correctly, as it doesn't go back to zero at all. When I received the watch, it was alright but it seems that it has slowly gone out of alignment. The two power reserve indications now have about 50% difference in indication.

stoyania

15/4/16
I found out whats wrong with mine. The power reserve indication on the dial has slowly been misaligned compared to the power reserve indication on the back. The power reserve indication in the back (which is connected directly to the gears) is pretty much correct, but the power reserve hand the front (which is connected through the case to the rear -actual- power indication) must have not been fitted correctly, as it doesn't go back to zero at all. When I received the watch, it was alright but it seems that it has slowly gone out of alignment. The two power reserve indications now have about 50% difference in indication.

flofas apart from this misalignment is your movement working OK? and the time is accurate or loses time every day?

https://puretime.io/tradition-7057b...eton-dial-on-blue-leather-strap-a507-v2.html#

I put a notein the other thread that puretime posted a revised version...looks like with engraving on the caseback. reppists are you aware of any other improvements?

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
Did anyone have the actual power reserve of 50+? Mine stopped around 30 hours, but I saw the dealers advertising of a 72+ hours.
Thanks.

Last edited:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I decided to take a punt on this, Francis was selling one at a reduced price, I guess because there are some small marks on the plates if you look really closely, but this doesn't bother me because if you look that closely it's pretty clear the finishing is not up to the extremely high standards of the gen. I mean, what do you expect when you are comparing a $400 watch to a $20k one?! That said, this is not bad at all. Everything is where it's meant to be. Very impressed overall. Strap is awful, I tried to get one through ziczac who said he could do it but then went quiet when I asked for his paypal :( luckily Donerix had one on offer so that's on the way.

V2 appears to have a matching serial on the back to the dial, better placement of the lettering on the back of the movement and that's about it.

7ff9a4eefe2e403b10ad0351732d6dfe.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and phdsjain

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I decided to take a punt on this, Francis was selling one at a reduced price, I guess because there are some small marks on the plates if you look really closely, but this doesn't bother me because if you look that closely it's pretty clear the finishing is not up to the extremely high standards of the gen. I mean, what do you expect when you are comparing a $400 watch to a $20k one?! That said, this is not bad at all. Everything is where it's meant to be. Very impressed overall. Strap is awful, I tried to get one through ziczac who said he could do it but then went quiet when I asked for his paypal :( luckily Donerix had one on offer so that's on the way.

V2 appears to have a matching serial on the back to the dial, better placement of the lettering on the back of the movement and that's about it.

7ff9a4eefe2e403b10ad0351732d6dfe.jpg

Nice! thank you